|Portsmouth 2||31 August|
|London 85||14 September|
|Cambridge 23||20 September|
|Oxford 20||21 September|
|Manchester 25||27 September|
|Liverpool 13||23 August|
|Oxford 19||17 August|
|London 84||8–10 August|
|Glasgow 4||26 July|
|Manchester 24||26 July|
|Portsmouth 1||29 June|
|Leeds 3||14 June|
|Edinburgh 6||8 June|
|London Wadewitz Tribute||31 May|
|Cardiff 3||31 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Cardiff Welsh Language Editathon Number 1
Date and time: Saturday 30th June 2012 — 09:30 onwards
Location: Cardiff Central Library
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our first ever Welsh language meeting. Note that people of all ages are welcome! The following list is in addition to the one found on the Welsh language article here. (cy>en translation by GoogleTranslate)
About the editathon
A social gathering for Welsh language Wicipedwyr. We have 14 computers ready for action, or you may bring your own laptop as the library also offers free wi-fi. There's free lunch too for those staying the day. Our theme will be Cardiff itself, its history and its people.
Here is a page about the editathon.
Non welsh speakers are also welcome to help work on the Welsh Language Wicipedia. Here are a few ideas:
- Here are a few articles with dead links / references which need amending. Solid refs are the backbone of every article. A very laborious task, but is a crucial one!
- Copy / paste Infoboxes (eg towns, weather) from en to cy.
- Search for databases of English and Scottish towns (and villages!) which have a few simple fields eg population, percentage of adults out of work, percentage not born in that town.... We can then mail merge this data and try and create a bot to upload.
- Counties of England. I've uploaded the "Infobox England county" to cy. I've tested it on one County: Swydd Gaerlŷr (Leicestershire). We now need to copy / paste from the rest, which you can find here.
- Correct basic WP mistakes by using the Pages:Special
And that's only a start!
Nearly 20 wikipedians turned up to this event - the first of it's kind in Wales, mostly through the Welsh language.