|Hong Kong 78||21 June|
|Manchester 18||22 June|
|Coventry 8||7 July|
|Oxford 6||14 July|
|London 71||14 July|
|San Diego Comic-Con 1||17 July|
|Bristol 2||28 July|
|Tokyo 39||28 July|
|Glasgow 2||18 August|
|London 70||16 June|
|Oxford 5||2 June|
|Liverpool 8||18 May|
|Cambridge 18||18 May|
|Hong Kong 77||17 May|
|Nottingham 1||12 May|
|Glasgow 1||12 May|
|Brighton 1||28 April|
|Coventry 7||7 April|
|Manchester 17||6 April|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 38
Date and time: Sunday 17th October — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our thirty-eighth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 08:33, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
- Ironholds 12:30, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- A possibility. I've never been to one of these before, though. Amakuru 11:29, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. Can't say for certain, but if I can make it, I will. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 01:25, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
- Note sure who changed the date. Forrester? Anyway, I can probably make the 17th, but can't make the 10th (as I'll be in Stockholm). WJBscribe (talk) 10:11, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Always and forever Panyd 11:14, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Haven't been to these but since I am trying to do some research on the db dumps will try to show up. 18.104.22.168 20:27, 2 October 2010 (UTC) (that is: Aleksi Aaltonen)
- Natkabrown 06:14, 3 October 2010 (UTC) Can you, please give me an advice on my wiki wikiTranslate.org? Thanks!
- Harrypotter 11:03, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe so. Minimac 16:25, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Mabey.Bayoneta 19:45, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. Edpearce 21:36, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- I can make it, but not sure if I will be attending. It'd be interesting to meet fellow wikipedians/wikimedians whose names I've seen around. Giftiger wunsch 21:52, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- Just spotted the date change, think I'm still free this Sunday as well WereSpielChequers 22:16, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
- I should be able to come. It's been some time since my last one. Computor 14:26, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Uhhh sure why not I'll try not to forget. How do I recognize the Wikipedians' table? 22.214.171.124 02:43, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- We're the crazy people that sit just inside the door - you can't miss us! We sit literally just inside the door and put several tables together. There are usually a few laptops on those tables. You should have no difficulty finding us. You could try wearing a t-shirt with a geeky slogan on it and standing just inside the door looking lost - we'll probably spot you. --Tango 16:58, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks James! Your change of the dates means that, despite completely forgetting about the meetup last weekend I didn't miss anything! --Tango 16:58, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- Never been to one of these gatherings. Should be quite interesting. Nemogbr 08:09, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 21:41, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia: Finding the common ground at the British Museum, Friday 26 - Saturday 27 November 2010
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.