|Oxford 59||18 March|
|Women in Art edit-a-thon, HK||30 March|
|London 129||8 April|
|Mahidol University 13||16 March|
|London 128||11 March|
|Oxford 58||25 February|
|Hong Kong 115||24 February|
|Manchester 35||14 January|
|Bangkok 2||6 January|
|Edinburgh 12||30 November|
|Cambridge 36||25 November|
|Wikipermanence in Montpellier||13 November|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 38
Date and time: Sunday 17th October — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our thirty-eighth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 08:33, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
- Ironholds 12:30, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
- A possibility. I've never been to one of these before, though. Amakuru 11:29, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. Can't say for certain, but if I can make it, I will. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 01:25, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
- Note sure who changed the date. Forrester? Anyway, I can probably make the 17th, but can't make the 10th (as I'll be in Stockholm). WJBscribe (talk) 10:11, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Always and forever Panyd 11:14, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Haven't been to these but since I am trying to do some research on the db dumps will try to show up. 18.104.22.168 20:27, 2 October 2010 (UTC) (that is: Aleksi Aaltonen)
- Natkabrown 06:14, 3 October 2010 (UTC) Can you, please give me an advice on my wiki wikiTranslate.org? Thanks!
- Harrypotter 11:03, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe so. Minimac 16:25, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Mabey.Bayoneta 19:45, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. Edpearce 21:36, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- I can make it, but not sure if I will be attending. It'd be interesting to meet fellow wikipedians/wikimedians whose names I've seen around. Giftiger wunsch 21:52, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- Just spotted the date change, think I'm still free this Sunday as well WereSpielChequers 22:16, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
- I should be able to come. It's been some time since my last one. Computor 14:26, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Uhhh sure why not I'll try not to forget. How do I recognize the Wikipedians' table? 22.214.171.124 02:43, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- We're the crazy people that sit just inside the door - you can't miss us! We sit literally just inside the door and put several tables together. There are usually a few laptops on those tables. You should have no difficulty finding us. You could try wearing a t-shirt with a geeky slogan on it and standing just inside the door looking lost - we'll probably spot you. --Tango 16:58, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks James! Your change of the dates means that, despite completely forgetting about the meetup last weekend I didn't miss anything! --Tango 16:58, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
- Never been to one of these gatherings. Should be quite interesting. Nemogbr 08:09, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 21:41, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums & Wikimedia: Finding the common ground at the British Museum, Friday 26 - Saturday 27 November 2010
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.