|Cambridge 29||28 November|
|Oxford 34||29 November|
|London 100||13 December|
|East London 4||26 January|
|East London 3||24 November|
|Hong Kong 103||20 November|
|Birmingham 4||15 November|
|London 99||8 November|
|Singapore 8||8 November|
|Manchester 31||25 October|
|Oxford 33||18 October|
|Edinburgh 9||30 September|
|Liverpool 17||27 September|
|Andorra 2||17 August|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 9th February 2014 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventy-eighth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 10:27, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 00:37, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
- More than likely Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 20:13, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- Will be hitting the british museum beforehand.Geni (talk) 20:20, 19 January 2014 (UTC)
- I hope to! Natkabrown (talk) 10:08, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- Looking forward to it. CT Cooper · talk 17:45, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Yes please. Edwardx (talk) 21:11, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
- Looking forward to it!! Garymonk (talk)
- Stayed neither by snow nor rain nor heat nor darkness... Andrew Davidson (talk) 18:54, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
- MichaelMaggs (talk) 11:37, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
- See you there! NavinoEvans (talk) 11:48, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
- Great to meet yesterday and sorry I had to shoot off early!! Garymonk (talk) 13:56, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
May be attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.