|Oxford 75||18 August|
|Igbo Wiki Strategy Salon||24 August|
|London 146||8 September|
|London 145||11 August|
|Igbo Wiki Anambra 2||27 July|
|Oxford 74||21 July|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|Hong Kong 120||25 May|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|Beijing 16||1 May|
|Tacloban 7||27 April|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Monmouth Wikimedia Meetup and Editathon Number 1
Date and time: Saturday 21st April 2012
Location: Shire Hall, Monmouth
Time: 12 - 5pm (afterwards there's the prize giving for the Monmouthpedia competition)
This is the organisation page for the first Wikimeet and editathon in Monmouth! A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink, evening do was at the Roundhouse at the Kymin
- Discuss what we did to contribute to MonmouthpediA
Editathons are events aimed to encourage many new and existing Wikipedia editors to help improve and create Wikipedia articles.
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:GLAM/MonmouthpediA will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice. (:Monmouth pubs serve coffee too :- Kings Head Hotel (free wifi in some areas), Old Nag's Head, Robin Hood Inn and Punch House (free wifi))
We normally meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub - so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
This meetup will coincide with an Wikimedia UK in-person board meeting in Monmouth over 21-22 April, which you are also most welcome to attend. Please see wmuk:Agenda 21Apr12 for information and to sign up to attend that.
Here is a suggested lists of activities, please add your own:
- Going to the museum and and playing with the QRpedia codes and possibly writing articles about things that are missing
- Looking at the QRpedia codes on display at the Shire Hall, both the world's first QRpedia'd tourist information centre and a museum
- Looking at new ways to use Wikipedia and WIkimedia projects and other open data things within the town including Shire Hall and Monmouth Museum, look here for suggestions
- Write about the trial of the chartists at Shire Hall
- Add Monmouth (we're having the torch through the town) to the Olympics Torch Relay 2012 article
Resources and places
There is a fundamental problem that if we travel all over Monmouth, it presupposes that everyone will have arrived when we leave Shire Hall. That is by no means certain, so perhaps some discussion on the talk page will help to ensure that everybody can be sure of being included.
- we've booked a room with tables and chairs
- big touchscreen tv
- limited number of laptops
- local history books
- main collection of local history books
Monmouth library (in Rolls Hall)
- local history books
The Charles Rolls Challenge prizes will be awarded at 5 in the Shire Hall. Webstream link is here
Sign here if you are coming ...
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Mike Peel
- Victuallers (talk) Lifts available from vicinity of East Midlands
- MistyMorn will try to make it, but not sure
- snowded confirmed - but would be good to know which Pub as driving from Wiltshire and may not make it until 1300ish
- Ghmyrtle - hopefully will get to Shire Hall by 12.30 or so, and will take it from there..
- RexxS (talk) – Be good to see yet another UK venue for meetups! Lifts available from vicinity of West Midlands
- MissEdw - can't miss this since it's in my home town! Reminder would be good though.
- Deb (talk) 13:03, 13 March 2012 (UTC) - hopefully; reminder, please
- Anthony Cope (talk) Will try
- FruitMonkey - Will ask my wife nicely; reminder please
Zangar (talk) I've got a feeling it's on my niece's 3rd birthday party, but I'll try to make it and a reminder would be great. Cheers.It is my niece's birthday, so I can't make it I'm afraid - have a good time guys! Cheers, Zangar (talk) 08:20, 20 April 2012 (UTC)
- Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 21:57, 31 March 2012 (UTC)
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Steve Virgin
- Samdownie - I'm doing the Webcast + Podcast + Social Media + other PR comms, oh and looking after the micro blog > http://monmouthpedia.wordpress.com < which we are using for the event, and to leave up online.
- Ann Other
- Evlekis - for now. If my name is still here, reminder please.
- N1geD - looking for the name of the pub - for the casual disussions?
- John Cummings - I'll be helping run this, send me a message before hand if you need any help and please add activities to the list if you want to do something specific. If you arrive before 12 you will find me in the Shire Hall somewhere or email me at email@example.com