|Tacloban 7||27 April|
|Oxford 71||28 April|
|Beijing 16||1 May|
|London 142||12 May|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|London 141||14 April|
|Igbo Wikimedians User Group/5||13 April|
|Oxford 70||17 March|
|WikiGap 2019 Hong Kong||8 March|
|Cambridge 40||3 March|
|London Wikidata 1||19 February|
|Bristol 3||1 Sep 2018|
|Warsaw 21||28 Jul 2018|
|Changsha 1||28 Jul 2018|
|Edinburgh 13||11 Jul 2018|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 36
Sunday 9 June 2019 — 13:00 onwards
Venue to be confirmed (see talk page), provisionally:
The Waterhouse (Wetherspoons), 67-71 Princess Street, M2 4EG
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, discussing the business impact of mass collaboration, or articles about Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
This is a family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe. Look for a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 22:53, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 23:15, 8 February 2019 (UTC) (Maybe, please remind me closer to the time!)
- ClemRutter (talk) 23:46, 8 February 2019 (UTC) Unlikely. But give me a reminder - it clashes with London and can't be sure that trains will be running after martial law is declared on March 29th.
- Acalamari 00:00, 9 February 2019 (UTC) Sounds good! :)
- Góngora (T•ES) 04:07, 9 February 2019 (UTC) Yes, count me in! I would also like a reminder closer to the date. :-)
- ColinFine (talk) Maybe. I'm not as close to Manchester as I was. But I've put it in my diary (though on the first attempt, predictive text made it "Wikipedia useful").
- MerielGJones (talk) In my diary. Plan to be there.
- Victoria. it's great that's its not during the parade when there's too many people swarming in the city centre. (Please remind me closer to the time)--Victoria (talk) 12:47, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Flooded with them hundreds 11:43, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- I'll wear my Wikipedia hoody. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 16:41, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- I shall try to attend! Would be my first meet-up as well. Jiten D (talk) 13:06, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hope so! Aiken drum (talk) 09:11, 8 April 2019 (UTC) (Could be tricky as I'm away that weekend, but I'll try my best. I'd like to go to another if I cam't make it. Aiken drum (talk) 23:18, 21 April 2019 (UTC))
- It's a long long time since I went to one. I'll try to make it (if I'm in the UK - not sure yet). Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 19:16, 11 April 2019 (UTC)