|Oxford 73||16 June|
|London 144||14 July|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|London 143||9 June|
|Igbo Wiki Anambra 1||8 June|
|Hong Kong 120||25 May|
|Oxford 72||19 May|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|Beijing 16||1 May|
|Tacloban 7||27 April|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup 2017 Number 34
Sunday 26 November 2017 — 13:00 onwards
Venue: The Waterhouse (Wetherspoons), 67-71 Princess Street, M2 4EG
Table 16, in the third room on the right-hand side, opposite the staircase.
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
It's about time we had another meetup in Manchester - sorry for the delay!
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, discussing the business impact of mass collaboration, or articles about Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
This is a family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe. Look for a small Wikimedia banner on the table, and we may also have laptops out.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Bazonka (talk) 19:51, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hopefully. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 20:25, 19 October 2017 (UTC) Please ping me about a fortnight before.
- Should be able to make it. Looking forward to it! HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 08:36, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- Fingers crossed. Yaris678 (talk) 23:00, 31 October 2017 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk)
- I hope so. JamesBWatson (talk) 15:33, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
- --Victoria (talk) 12:03, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
- Should be able to make it pls remind me 1 2 hours before the event would be much apprenticed User:Jeffgaryland
- JGleeson_(WMF) 11:43, 17th Nov (UTC). Planning to tag along to hear more about wikimedia UK :)
- Now that I have my ducks in a row, I'll be there :) WormTT 08:36, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
- Ach, I saw this and thought it was way past time I met up with you fine folk again after a lengthy and unsociable absence, but I shall be away in S Wales for a family wedding that weekend. Maybe next time. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 12:18, 5 November 2017 (UTC)
- I'd dearly love to come back home- but logistics preclude. My two remaining Manchester relatives are now home building on the mainland in Montpellier and Donegal! --ClemRutter (talk) 16:05, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
- There's also going to be an edit-a-thon at the Working Class Movement Library in Salford (M5 4WX, opposite University of Salford's Peel Park campus) on 19 November, if you fancy joining us! odder (talk) 21:05, 12 November 2017 (UTC)