|London 196||10 September|
|Bristol 4||16 September|
|Oxford 93||17 September|
|Bangkok 3||26 August|
|Oxford 92||20 August|
|Wikimania 2023 Singapore||16-19 August|
|London 195||13 August|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 22 November 2020 13:00—18:00
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
We will use Zoom video chat. the wub will host. Zoom link is below.
A social gathering for Wikimedia/Wikipedia enthusiasts. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, and complete newbies are also welcome, as is anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
Although this meetup is a continuation of the regular "London" pub gatherings, going virtual means that geography is no longer a constraint so do feel free to join from anywhere you may be, in the UK or elsewhere!
Please also invite any Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) who might be interested – spread the word!
Here's the Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83564220596?pwd=OEtPb1lWWUNacURLWVdxNnRvRDZyQT09
And if using the app: Meeting ID: 835 6422 0596 Passcode: 805759
- As the Community Wishlist Survey 2021 is now open, perhaps we could discuss some of these proposals. I've got an idea I was thinking of submitting about categories, which we touched on last week, and I'd like to get a bit of input on it before submitting it to the survey in case it's something perennial Pi (talk) 02:36, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- the wub "?!" 17:18, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- probably will Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 20:49, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Doubt I have anything else to do that day. Joseph2302 (talk) 21:07, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- ProbablyRodw (talk) 21:50, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Should be there for part of the time — GhostInTheMachine talk to me 23:16, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Reorganised my life specially - ClemRutter (talk) 10:10, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- Should make it Pi (talk) 01:23, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- Expect so. Johnbod (talk) 15:45, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
- I've nothing going on, should be fun Seemplez (talk) 09:27, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 10:11, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- For some of the time. Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 12:04, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
May be attending
- Femkemilene (talk) 09:36, 15 November 2020 (UTC)
- There's a risk I might pop-in, more likely though I'm elsewhere. I'm usually called "Del" when up in the smoke. Djm-leighpark (talk) 13:04, 18 November 2020 (UTC)
- Possibly! Amakuru (talk) 09:55, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Probably will be but not for long. —Skingo12 (talk) 22:40, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
- I'll try to pop in for an hour or so. --RexxS (talk) 12:00, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- Should make it later on. NeilOnWiki (talk) 12:31, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- Intending to. Charles Matthews (talk) 12:42, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station and Temple tube station are not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.