|London 124||12 November|
|Oxford 56||19 November|
|Manchester 34||26 November|
|Oxford 55||15 October|
at Frankfurt Bookfair 2017
|London 123||8 October|
|Wiktionary in Lyon||5 October|
|Cambridge 35||3 September|
|Qingdao 8||12 August|
|Costa Rica 4||18 July|
|Mahidol University 11||2 June|
|Palo 2||10 March|
|Kathmandu 1||17 December|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 13th January 2013 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our sixty-fifth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Probably. CT Cooper · talk 21:33, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- Most likely. Last time couldn't find anybody in Shakespeare's Head so I went away.Inlandmamba (fruitful thought) 12:26, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
- should be there Johnbod (talk) 17:30, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Probably Otelemuyen (talk) 02:36 26 December 2012 (UTC)
- should be thereLeutha (talk) 17:02, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
- 70 to 100% chance I'll be there --Andy Fugard (talk) 14:28, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
- Happy New Year to everyone, I am singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in Russian. You have to wait some time till I start singing thought, I couldn't make my husband play the song on the piano, so I had to fit my bad singing to a CC music. I hope to hear you singing the song in Russian when I come to the meetup :) And therefore I will try my best to come! Natkabrown (talk) 17:53, 1 January 2013 (UTC)
- Probably. the wub "?!" 22:55, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
- Geni (talk) 16:26, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yamen (talk) 17:54, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Very probable Edwardx (talk) 23:44, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
- Ben (sorry I forgot my wiki-name but I am not a big contributor)
- Yuit and I arrived here first after watching the anniversary steam train going round the Circle Line. We are sitting in a different well-lit corner where the wi-fi actually works but it's amusing to see the Wikipedians returning to the chilly spot by the front entrance where the wi-fi doesn't work. I'll circulate now but then will get back to train-spotting. Andrew Davidson (talk) 14:27, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk) 11:33, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
- With great regret I'm going to miss this by a few days - arriving in the UK around the 20th. Kudpung (talk) 12:37, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
- Can't be there I'm afraid as I will be in Leeds :( Have great fun! Leela0808 (talk) 16:06, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Chris Keating (The Land) - sorry, turns out I am having my eyes examined! Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 11:24, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.