|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|Oxford 83||16 October|
|London 185||9 October|
|London 184||11 September|
|UK virtual 15||25 August|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 11 September 2022 — 13:00 onwards
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Exchange books, maps and other source materials.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this: * ~~~~
- Philafrenzy (talk) 22:20, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
- Very much hoping to make it. Visiting from Melbourne! T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 01:57, 17 August 2022 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 18:53, 23 August 2022 (UTC)
- Janosabel (talk) 14:01, 26 August 2022 (UTC) For autodidact philosopher Wikipeda is a lifeline
- Edwardx (talk) 14:42, 26 August 2022 (UTC)
- --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 12:07, 10 September 2022 (UTC)
- Geni (talk) 07:03, 11 September 2022 (UTC) probably about an hour late
- Hopefully get there later too Whispyhistory (talk) 08:13, 11 September 2022 (UTC)
May be attending
- Hopefully. the wub "?!" 19:11, 15 August 2022 (UTC)
- Never can tell... Andrew D. (talk) 22:28, 29 August 2022 (UTC)
- Hopefully will come, it's been a while... Joseph2302 (talk) 08:25, 31 August 2022 (UTC)
- Have to see what else is going on, but should be about. Ritchie333 (talk) 10:33, 1 September 2022 (UTC)
- Might be able to. Amakuru (talk) 08:38, 7 September 2022 (UTC)
Several high profile events have been cancelled this weekend, and emotions seem to be running high. But if it is any help, I will be toddling along and sharing tips and anecdotes with who ever makes the same decision, unless I am specifically told not to. It looks to be good photographing weather and there should be some unusual activities going on outside the Penderals that would look good on Commons. ClemRutter (talk) 15:15, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
- As far as I am concerned, it is definitely still on. Philafrenzy (talk) 20:59, 9 September 2022 (UTC)
- There's lots of unique pageantry in London currently, such as the current accession ceremony and proclamations. It's therefore a good time to visit central London to take pictures and so I plan to come. Note also that it's Open House and Wiki Loves Monuments season too. Andrew D. (talk) 13:24, 10 September 2022 (UTC)
Interested but not attending