|East London 8||25 October|
|Cambridge 32||5 November|
|London 112||13 November|
|Oxford 45||20 November|
|Oxford 44||16 October|
|London 111||9 October|
|Manchester 33||8 October|
|East London 7||27 September|
|Mahidol University 5||24 September|
|Perth 31||18 September|
|Hong Kong 112||16 September|
|Noongarpedia/Wikibomb July 2016||30 July|
|Glasgow 8||16 July|
|Edinburgh 11||14 July|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Oxford Wikimedia Meetup Number 3
Date and time: Sunday 3rd March 2013. 1.00 pm onwards.
Location: The Four Candles, 51 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2BE.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our third meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any Oxford Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Yes. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 19:08, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes/Maybe --Paraphyso (talk) 20:22, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
Hope to. Philafrenzy (talk) 22:50, 13 January 2013 (UTC)Can't now.
- Yes. 184.108.40.206 00:16, 14 January 2013 (UTC)
- I too hope to! PraveenRk1976
- I plan to attend. — Jpbowen (talk) 16:28, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- Good timing, I'll be in the UK and Oxford is near 'home'. Kudpung (talk) 10:37, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- Considering it. 220.127.116.11 10:56, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 12:04, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Support 18.104.22.168 13:05, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Should be. Grandiose (talk) 15:39, 20 February 2013 (UTC)
- With luck. JohnCD (talk) 22:49, 21 February 2013 (UTC)
- Hope so, --Mervyn (talk) 21:21, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. Jarry1250 (talk) 22:22, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- Will be there DV and weather permitting. Rich Farmbrough 20:15 27 February 2013 (GMT).
- Yes -- John of Reading (talk) 21:46, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- Definitely maybe. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 18:39, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
- Nice to meet you all. WereSpielChequers (talk) 21:54, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Dear all, I won't come to the meet up, but I am looking for someone to help with a Wiki workshop in Oxford, July 10th. I am a postdoc in Switzerland, and the chair of a young European researchers' network. I am organising this one day workshop on open access and knowledge dissemination in Oxford. If two-three people could help me supervise a session to teach DPhil, postdocs and professors of the network (12-15 people) how to improve the scientific content of Wiki pages, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the skills myself and I am sure you guys would be great help. If you are geeks, happy to teach scientists and keen to spend a day/half a day to help this summer, could you please get in touch? financial retribution possible (still need to negotiate finance with EU funding) luc.henry(at)epfl.ch. Thanks for the replies! Luc
- I might be able to help if not busy elsewhere. — Jpbowen (talk) 16:28, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
- Contact our WMUK Events Organiser, Daria - details at wmuk:User:Daria Cybulska (WMUK) - or phone the WMUK Office on +44 20 7065 0990. She can help arrange sessions like this, providing materials as well as finding volunteers to lead the training. --RexxS (talk) 12:04, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot for your input - I'll give it a try. Jonathan, I'll come back to you when I have a detailed schedule, then you decide if you can/want to help.
- Members Newsletter piece?
- Hi all, I'm putting together newsletters for the membership of Wikimedia UK and there's a section in each covering meetups (see here) to try and encourage members to get to their nearest chance for face to face time :-) I'd be really grateful if one of you could pen me a few sentences on how this meetup goes, and even better, if someone could take a few pictures to get a sense of who was there and the atmosphere that would be brilliant! Anyone prepared to take up the gauntlet, just ping me? Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 15:57, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
How to spot us
It's easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia lapel badge or similar. We plan on being as close to the entrance as possible but may be further in or upstairs if the pub is crowded.
George Street is in the centre of Oxford not far from the station and very close to the bus station and Worcester Street car park.