|Costa Rica 4||18 July|
|London 121||13 August|
|Cambridge 35||3 September|
|Oxford 52||16 July|
|London 120||9 July|
|Cambridge 34||3 June|
|Mahidol University 11||2 June|
|Palo 2||10 March|
|Kathmandu 1||17 December|
|Rajbiraj 7||2 December|
|Tacloban 5||18 November|
|East London 8||25 October|
|Manchester 33||8 October|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 9 April 2017 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Shakespeare's Head, Holborn, London WC1
There is a refurbishment at the Penderel's Oak so for two months we have moved to the Shakespeare's Head on Kingsway.
Before the meetup, there is a talk about Wikipedia at the nearby Conway Hall, starting at 11:00.
It's for the Ethical Society and so the title is The Ethical Encyclopaedia – right and wrong in Wikipedia.
The event is open to the public and so you're welcome to come to this too. Booking details are at Conway Hall.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 09:54, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk) 12:31, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 18:16, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 22:06, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- --ClemRutter (talk) 17:37, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 15:10, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 11:58, 4 April 2017 (UTC)
- Zeromonk (talk) 12:37, 4 April 2017 (UTC)
- Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 19:29, 4 April 2017 (UTC)
- Rich Farmbrough 19:46 4 April 2017 (GMT).
- Andrew D. (talk) 14:11, 5 April 2017 (UTC)
- Rastrojo (D•ES) 09:56, 6 April 2017 (UTC) I hope I will be there!
- MassiveEartha (talk) was there
May be attending
- As usual, I'll say maybe and decide much nearer the time. Joseph2302 (talk) 21:35, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Tis on my birthday, So I Might attend, depending on where i am. SageWater (talk) 18:58, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch.
- Welcome wikiguests from around the world
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors or answer each others queries on anything from copyright to AWB.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and newish editors are also very welcome.
- The Pub is on the edge of the City, so should be relatively quiet on a Sunday
The pub has an accessible toilet. The pub is on one floor.
Location: Shakespeare's Head, Holborn
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
The Shakespeare's Head is between Holborn tube station and Aldwych. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) several docking stations are nearby, the closest is in Lincoln's Inn Fields.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.