|Cambridge 31||4 June|
|London 107||12 June|
|Oxford 40||19 June|
|Hong Kong 109||20 May|
|London 106||17 May|
|Oxford 39||15 May|
|Rajbiraj 6||12 May|
|Edinburgh 10||5 May|
|Glasgow 7||30 April|
|East London 6||29 March|
|Cape Town 12||6 March|
|Joburg 1||5 March|
|Liverpool 18||27 February|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 10th November 2013 — 13:00 onwards
THERE WILL BE A WIKIMEDIA UK BIRTHDAY CAKE!
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
This is the second part of a London weekend, as we have Wiki takes the Tube the day before.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventy-fifth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Yes. Philafrenzy (talk) 19:11, 14 October 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, in-DEED. StringRay (talk) 00:09, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 10:12, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- Jon Davies (WMUK) (talk) 11:12, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- Claire 75 (talk) 11:47, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
- Newbie Scriptorscorpionis (talk) 13:50, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hipiosa (talk) 2:05, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 07:26, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- RHaworth (talk) 11:24, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- EdSaperia (talk) 12:16, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Hope so Johnbod (talk) 15:54, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Andrew Davidson (talk) 21:59, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- For a while Leutha (talk)
- Edwardx (talk) 10:15, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- bobrayner (talk) 13:19, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- Made it Rich Farmbrough 01:12 11 November 2013 (GMT).
May be attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch. (Wetherspoons no longer do roasts...)
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikipedians help out new editors who have problems with editing wikipedia
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
We often get newish editors attending.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.