|London 115||12 February|
|Cambridge 33||18 February|
|Oxford 47||19 February|
|Oxford 46||22 January|
|London 114||8 January|
|Kathmandu 1||17 December|
|Mahidol University 8||15 December|
|Rajbiraj 7||2 December|
|Tacloban 5||18 November|
|Cambridge 32||5 November|
|East London 8||25 October|
|Manchester 33||8 October|
|Perth 31||18 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 12th June — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our forty-sixth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 21:35, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- After my exams, so this should be okay. Either date is okay. CT Cooper · talk 22:34, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 23:13, 18 April 2011 (UTC) Either day is OK
- geni-Probably. Apart from anything else I needs some more pics from the science museum.
- So long as its on the 12th. Seddon 00:37, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- As long as it is on the 12th. Ironholds 00:38, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- If it's on the 12th, I'll be there. Fluffernutter 00:42, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Leutha will be there.
- (probably) Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 14:21, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- Tom Morris
- I will try Natkabrown 06:11, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Coming - but why no banner on WP this time? Johnbod 11:46, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Remember GLAMcamp London for ambassadors and GLAM professionals is the following Friday (24th June).
- Suggest a chat on alternative locations for the London wikimeet meeting the constraints of free wifi, open on a Sunday, handy for food and preferably nearer to a major train station that our current default location? A few interesting suggestions in this TimeOut guide but perhaps someone is aware of a future possible funky location next to a transport hub? Add a link here if you do... --Fæ 09:56, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
- I'd add quiet enough to talk and empty enough for us to be confident of getting space for 6-26 people. Also if we are going to change the idea is to find a venue where those who won't enter a pub would feel comfortable attending. WereSpielChequers 17:37, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- There are some outstanding photo requests at en:Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_London#London_photo_requests, is this a good venue to discuss photography of London? WereSpielChequers 17:37, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Made Real, an exhibition by the founders of Wikipedia Art
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch (Sunday roasts are not available any more).
- Welcome wikiguests from around the world
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors or answer each others queries on anything from copyright to AWB.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and newish editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.