|London 199||10 December|
|UK virtual 20||6 December|
|London 198||12 November|
|Oxford 95||19 November|
|Waray 10||23 September|
|Bristol 4||16 September|
|Bangkok 3||26 August|
|Wikimania 2023 Singapore||16-19 August|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
NOTE - This meetup will be virtual due to the Coronavirus pandemic
Date and time: Sunday 13 September 2020 13:00—18:00
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
We will use Zoom video chat. the wub will host and send out invitations on the day via Wikimedia email to any users signed up below.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome.
Although this meetup is a continuation of the regular "London" gatherings, going virtual means geography is no longer a constraint so do feel free to join from anywhere you may be!
Please also invite any London/UK Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- A scandal is breaking in the Scots Wikipedia. As this is a UK issue and is making the entire project a laughing-stock, we should discuss it. See the RfC for more details. Andrew D. (talk) 09:54, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- (Discussion moved to the talk page)
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- the wub "?!" 21:46, 9 August 2020 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 20:33, 11 August 2020 (UTC)
- MerielGJones (talk) 19:41, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
- Mike Marchmont (talk) 08:58, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- User:Archana mathur
- ClemRutter (talk) 21:20, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- Serendipodous (talk) 20:15, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 00:28, 12 September 2020 (UTC)
- Onixsy (talk) 17:34 12 September 2020 (GMT)
- Rich Farmbrough 12:39 13 September 2020 (GMT).
- Forgot to sign up -invitation please. Thanks!!Johnbod (talk) 15:54, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
May be attending
- Mike Peel (talk) 18:53, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- Possibly, but might not be able to come. Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 22:12, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
GhostInTheMachine talk to me 22:19, 23 August 2020 (UTC)— GhostInTheMachine talk to me 12:36, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
- I will be on a boat with limited internet connection but may be able to pop in for a bit.Rodw (talk) 08:03, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 14:14, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- My film school may be starting again in early September, and times may interfere Anonymous 7481 (talk) 16:04, 25 August 2020 (UTC)
- PamD (talk) Depends on other stuff... hope to see you.
- Pi (talk) 01:26, 13 September 2020 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
- Atimes3 (talk) 14:08, 1 September 2020 (UTC)
- My friend is doing a walking tour, so I cannot make this month. Joseph2302 (talk) 18:57, 12 September 2020 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station and Temple tube station are not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.