|London 97||13 September|
|Oxford 32||20 September|
|Liverpool 17||27 September|
|Manchester 31||25 October|
|Manchester 30||23 August|
|Hong Kong 100||21 August|
|Andorra 2||17 August|
|Oxford 31||16 August|
|Cambridge 28||15 August|
|London 96||9 August|
|East London 1||24 June|
|Glasgow 6||18 June|
|York 2||14 June|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 15th January 2012 — 13:00 onwards
Note: Third Sunday, not second, to mark Wikipedia Day
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-third meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 22:36, 29 November 2011 (UTC)
- Panyd and Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 02:09, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 11:59, 30 November 2011 (UTC)
- Fingers crossed. Sorry I didn't make the December one. Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 18:47, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Okeyes (WMF) 17:12, 22 December 2011 (UTC) - will be hopefully dragging along some newbs from external orgs, so be nice to them :).
- bobrayner: Maybe, depending on work commitments &c.
- Leutha 20:37, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- Mrjohncummings 22:39, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
- Fæ WMUK trustee.
- I very much hope so Natkabrown 20:05, 4 January 2012 (UTC) Happy New Year to everyone! I sing "We Wish You a Merry Christmass in Russian" :)
- Of course. —Tom Morris (talk) 16:37, 10 January 2012 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy 19:37, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Johnbod 04:38, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- EdSaperia 11:31, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- The Land 18:00, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Today is Wikipedia's 11th birthday!
- Wikimania 2013 and the proposed UK bids: London vs. Bristol. CT Cooper · talk 20:43, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.