|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|London 184||11 September|
|UK virtual 15||25 August|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|London 183||14 August|
|UK virtual 14||28 July|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 14 August 2022 — 13:00 onwards
(join at any time you can, no need to stay for the whole afternoon)
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Exchange books, maps and other source materials.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
People of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome. Complete newbies also welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this: * ~~~~
- Philafrenzy (talk) 20:43, 10 July 2022 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 08:59, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
- Katie Crampton (talk) 12:06, 25 July 2022 (UTC)
- ClemRutter (talk) 07:42, 9 August 2022 (UTC)
- Whispyhistory (talk) 12:14, 12 August 2022 (UTC)
- I see that this is now an official part of Wikimania. I've been attending Wikimania 2022 in a variety of ways ― pheed, zoom, email and the other London venue ― and so must do this too to compare and contrast the effectiveness of the different modes. The main technological improvement I'm noticing so far is the Elizabeth Line which makes getting to Liverpool Street very pleasant and easy. But the central section still doesn't run on Sunday, alas. Andrew D. (talk) 16:40, 13 August 2022 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 09:04, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
- Indexum (talk) 09:06, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
May be attending
- Need to look at trains. Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 11:38, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
- It's possible, but may be too expensive to travel down due to needing to stay in hotels. Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 11:45, 14 July 2022 (UTC)
- Esma Gjertsen
- Think I may actually be free this month. Joseph2302 (talk) 16:38, 22 July 2022 (UTC)
- Deryck C. 13:28, 3 August 2022 (UTC)
- Passing through London with the mrs on our travels. We might be able to call in to say hello. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 09:15, 10 August 2022 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
- I'll be in Dorset. Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 20:57, 21 July 2022 (UTC)
- Have a good time everybody. -- Malcolmxl5 (talk) 13:02, 11 August 2022 (UTC)
- I'll be boating on the River Stour. Ritchie333 (talk) 22:01, 11 August 2022 (UTC)
- Can't - but all the best. Johnbod (talk) 01:33, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
- I have to bail on this, I can't find any trains from Didcot to London. There are some coming back, apparently. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 10:27, 14 August 2022 (UTC)
- Blocked by missus for attending Bethnal Green on Friday and not getting back till late! My alt might be in trouble for mismodeling polychromatic bricks on wikidata as I am trying to self-debate whether P149 or Q784969 trying to link Q2651004 to Q2377845 but I think I being to see the dimensional mismatch problem. Best wishes. Djm-leighpark (talk) 12:22, 14 August 2022 (UTC)