|Cambridge 29||28 November|
|Oxford 34||29 November|
|London 100||13 December|
|East London 4||26 January|
|East London 3||24 November|
|Hong Kong 103||20 November|
|Birmingham 4||15 November|
|London 99||8 November|
|Singapore 8||8 November|
|Manchester 31||25 October|
|Oxford 33||18 October|
|Edinburgh 9||30 September|
|Liverpool 17||27 September|
|Andorra 2||17 August|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
The 35th London Wikimedia meet-up took place on Sunday 4th July in the usual place, The Penderel's Oak pub in Holborn WC1.
This was an extra special BIG meet-up, attended by the usual London folk plus lots of people on route to Wikimania 2010
The following people signed up:
- James F. (talk) 23:42, 12 April 2010 (UTC)
- Almost certainly. CT Cooper 17:42, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- Bastique ☎ call me! 15:52, 11 May 2010 (UTC) with bells on.
- WereSpielChequers 20:39, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- haz (talk) 00:52, 8 June 2010 (UTC) WTHN?
- Geni 12:55, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
- Ironholds (talk) 14:35, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Werdna • talk 03:03, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
- Witty Lama 13:40, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Tango (talk) 18:20, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
- Reedy 19:21, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
- Harry Wood 13:08, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Gordo who is person who is often late...
- Danese since I'm in town :-)
- guys i'm a new to all this, so may need induction, i'll try to make it majnun o'squirrel
- Very probably, Johnbod
- Would like but still don't know -- Cyclopia 11:28, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Delighted to attend. -- dory
- I'm leaving now!Harrypotter 11:58, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- edit the page to add your name here
Also listed on upcoming.org but above is the proper sign-up list.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.