|London 95||12 July|
|Oxford 30||19 July|
|Liverpool 16||26 July|
|Cambridge 28||15 August|
|East London 1||24 June|
|Oxford 29||21 June|
|Manchester 29||20 June|
|Hong Kong 98||19 June|
|Glasgow 6||18 June|
|London 94||14 June|
|York 2||14 June|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|Cambridge 27||16 May|
|Edinburgh 8||22 April|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Wikipeda Meetup Number 2
Date and time: Friday, 1 November 2013 at 18.30
Urban Tap House, Cardiff (100+ beers, 30+ ciders and fresh orange juice!)
25 Westgate Street (Red brick building on corner with Quay Street)
**So that we have table space for laptops, the venue has set aside a space for us upstairs**
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our second wiki meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
- Rhys Wynne (should be there around 8pm)
- Robin Owain
Katie Chan (WMUK) (talk)
- Victuallers - may stay after EDUwiki
- Leutha (talk)
- Brian McNeil, since I'll — hopefully — be down for EDUwiki, who am I to refuse an excuse to visit a pub? --Brian McNeil / talk 13:04, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
- Edward - probably anyway EdwardLane (talk) 14:36, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- Amy Greenfield
- Daria Cybulska (WMUK) (talk)
- Brian Kelly
- Rod Dunican
- Ed Saperia
- John Cummings
Please also invite any Cardiff Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – and spread the word!
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you're from Cardiff, you may want to talk to Rhys and others to share ideas and arrange either an editathon or workshop in the area in Spring and discuss possible venues/partner organisations such as St Fagans National History Museum or the National Museum - how about organising a Backdoor Pass or a Wiki Takes St Fagans?
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
If you've never edited Wikipedia, then come and have a quick lesson on one of our laptops.
About the meet up
It will be a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- drink coffee and/or beer (food also available at the venue, but kitchen closes at 6pm I believe)
- chat about Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects
- meet some very keen Wikipedians
- talk about Living Paths, Project:Wales and Project:Cardiff
There is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
Urban Tap House, Cardiff, 25 Westgate Street. (Just in case you missed it at the top!)
How to spot us
So that we have table space for laptops, the venue has set aside a space for us upstairs. It's easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop, a Wikipedia lapel badge or a big wide grin!
- If attending the EduWiki Conference at Cardiff Bay, this is how to walk there from nearest Baycar stop.
- If driving, there are two (very expensive) NCP car parks next to the venue and opposite it. Parking at St David's 2 cost £2 from 5pm onwards.