|London 193||11 June|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Oxford 90||18 June|
|Oxford 89||21 May|
|London 192||14 May|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 17
Date and time: 1 pm, 6 April 2013
Location: Briton's Protection, 50 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5LE
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to WikiProject Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub - so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Bazonka - hopefully
- --Deskana (talk) 23:31, 16 February 2013 (UTC)
- JamesBWatson (talk) 21:31, 22 February 2013 (UTC) A reminder would be welcome.
- Julia\talk I'm in favour of trying the new venue suggested by WormTT.
- Most likely. And the new venue sells good whisky, so I'm in favour! HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 22:06, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Katie Chan (WMUK) (talk) 18:06, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- Mark M (talk) 17:13, 21 March 2013 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk)
- Mike Peel (talk)
should make it, have also suggested an alternative venue on talk WormTT 09:14, 27 January 2013 (UTC)After suggesting a new venue.. I'm almost certainly unable to make it now. WormTT 14:20, 25 February 2013 (UTC) Should be there. Yaris678 (talk) 13:25, 28 January 2013 (UTC)I will be away on the 6th. Yaris678 (talk) 13:09, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- Apologies- I just have too much to do down here---ClemRutter (talk) 11:37, 3 April 2013 (UTC)
- Not offended that you've abandoned the Ralph - just can't make it this time. A thousand pardons. Hengistmate (talk) 15:46, 5 April 2013 (UTC)
- Toyed with coming despite the distance, but it's just too far for a non-editor - maybe next time. Rich Farmbrough 14:22 6 April 2013 (GMT).