|London 144||14 July|
|Oxford 74||21 July|
|Oxford 73||16 June|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|London 143||9 June|
|Igbo Wiki Anambra 1||8 June|
|Hong Kong 120||25 May|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|Beijing 16||1 May|
|Tacloban 7||27 April|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 11th December 2016 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
The London meetup on 11th December will be a special festive celebration supported by the local Chapter, Wikimedia UK. Please join us to celebrate 2016 as it draws to a close and look forward to the new year!
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Philafrenzy (talk) 18:50, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (talk: meta · en.wp · wikidata) 10:43, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
- Zeromonk (talk) 09:52, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 00:09, 15 November 2016 (UTC)
- LucyCrompton-Reid (WMUK) (talk) 13:52, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 21:47, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Thisandthem (talk) 22:54, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 15:34, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- MichaelMaggs (talk) 15:41, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 07:38, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
- Mohamedudhuman05 (talk) 08:56, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
- YOU GUYS Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 23:35, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Nobody can turn down the change to attend a Wikimedia UK Christmas party. Amakuru (talk) 16:05, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- Geni (talk) 20:24, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
- --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 23:08, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
- --Yellowrose63 (talk) 23:16, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
- Expecting to. Johnbod (talk) 14:29, 5 December 2016 (UTC)
- Cabayi (talk) 11:43, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
- Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 20:39, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk) 21:20, 11 December 2016 (UTC)
May be attending
- --ClemRutter (talk) 21:23, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
- Like usual I'll sign up as probably. Joseph2302 (talk) 10:48, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
- I might be able to go, depending on what else is going on my life. (I suspect this will be a good day for me to do some Christmas shopping and have a gawp at Denmark Street, if there any shops actually left standing). If anyone wants to talk about anything with me specifically (preferably articles but if you want to sound off about whatever thread du-jour is happening on ANI, I suppose I can do that), that would be great, otherwise I run the risk of spending 2 hours talking to WereSpielChequers and nobody else again, for which I apologise. Ritchie333 (talk) 16:09, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
- How about a Monty Py-thon — an editathon about Monty Python? Myself, I've defended Python topics from deletion for some years. They have been quite quiet for some time but Ritchie's recent AfD of The Bishop sketch shows that this is still a live issue. I have some substantial sources which might help and can bring them along. The Python cast are of an age where they are going to start popping off and so we might give their articles a wash and brush up so that they don't have trouble at ITN like Robert Vaughn and Jimmy Young. Andrew D. (talk) 15:35, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 16:50, 25 November 2016 (UTC)
- It's a bit of a way for me, so I'll confirm nearer the time. Samwalton9 (talk) 11:26, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
- Could pop by at some point. Uanfala (talk) 14:17, 10 December 2016 (UTC)
- Regrettably, I will be on my way to Glasgow, so unable to join the party! NB
- CyanoTex (talk) 13:59, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, I can't make it. Season's greetings to you all, and I hope to catch up with you at another Wikimeet or two in the New Year. --RexxS (talk) 23:12, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.