|Palo 2||10 March|
|London 116||12 March|
|Oxford 47||19 February|
|Cambridge 33||18 February|
|London 115||12 February|
|Mahidol University 9||3 February|
|Kathmandu 1||17 December|
|Rajbiraj 7||2 December|
|Tacloban 5||18 November|
|East London 8||25 October|
|Manchester 33||8 October|
|Perth 31||18 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
The 33rd London Wikimedia meet-up took place on Sunday 9th May in the usual place, The Penderel's Oak pub in Holborn WC1.
The following people signed up:
- James F. (talk) 14:34, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- Probably, I've not been for a while. Ged UK 12:57, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ironholds 01:54, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
- Harrypotter 13:20, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
- Jimbo Wales (will be there a bit late! there about half past 2)
- Hahnchen 19:15, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
- Stephen B Streater 20:26, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
- matt 21:20, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
- Peter - can't wait!
- Harry Wood
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch (Sunday roasts are not available any more).
- Welcome wikiguests from around the world
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors or answer each others queries on anything from copyright to AWB.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and newish editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.