|Cambridge 37||29 April|
|London 130||13 May|
|Oxford 60||22 April|
|Beijing 13||15 April|
|London 129||8 April|
|Women in Art edit-a-thon, HK||30 March|
|Mahidol University 13||16 March|
|Manchester 35||14 January|
|Bangkok 2||6 January|
|Edinburgh 12||30 November|
|Cambridge 36||25 November|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 9th November 2014 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Philafrenzy (talk) 09:36, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 17:31, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 19:47, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 19:58, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
May be attending
- Dammit, have just discovered these Meetups and can't make this one; working. Will try and attend sometime IceDragon64 (talk) 21:01, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk) 12:47, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
- A lot of real life stuff to do, I'm afraid. - AdamBMorgan (talk) 21:07, 8 November 2014 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.