|London 96||9 August|
|Cambridge 28||15 August|
|Oxford 31||16 August|
|Andorra 2||17 August|
|Hong Kong 100||21 August|
|Manchester 30||23 August|
|Andorra 1||20 July|
|Oxford 30||19 July|
|Hong Kong 99||17 July|
|London 95||12 July|
|East London 1||24 June|
|Manchester 29||20 June|
|Glasgow 6||18 June|
|York 2||14 June|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|Cambridge 27||16 May|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
This is the second half of our London Wiki Weekend, the first half being the UK 2012 AGM on the Saturday.
Date and time: Sunday 13th May 2012 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-seventh meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 13:10, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- James F. (talk) 16:53, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe. I plan to be in London for the Wikimedia UK AGM the day before. Julia\talk 12:03, 9 April 2012 (UTC)
- WilliamH (talk) Looks likely
- Probably Johnbod (talk) 11:20, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- Shimgray (talk) 06:35, 25 April 2012 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 23:22, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- I will come. I found out only recently that there is pornography on Wikipedia. Pornography is a big industry, it doesn't need support of a charity. I believe that nor pornography or violence should be imposed on children. They have to to make a free choice on whether to be involved in pornography or violence. The fact of life is that those who face violence when they are young think that violence is OK, those who face pornography think that it's norm. It's not right that children should face pornography on educational project, it distructs them from education. Natkabrown (talk) 08:06, 6 May 2012 (UTC) PS. I want the woman in wiktionary:ru:женщина dressed. I have changed the picture in the past, but she is still naked. I connect to the word from my wiki and I have to figure out what shall I do so she is dressed for my students of Russian. Do you have any tips? I know that nakedness has nothing to do with pornography, but I think that there is more to woman as the naked body and the naked body distructs my students from the remembering the word in Russian and distructs them from learning Russian.
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 03:54, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
- I might just get to this one, but no promises! Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 22:03, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 23:20, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
- Likely. WJBscribe (talk) 22:47, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Attended meet up, signing up retrospectively. Deryck C. 11:41, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet some of the new board appointed at the previous days AGM
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.