|UK virtual 8||20 January|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|London 176||14 November|
|Cambridge 44 (Wikimania)||14 August|
|wikiBlind & wikiKind
|Beijing 19||1 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Oxford Wikimedia Meetup Number 1
Date and time: Sunday 4th November 2012 1.00 pm onwards
Location: The Four Candles, 51 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2BE.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our first meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any Oxford Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Yes. Philafrenzy (talk) 09:41, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Jpbowen (talk) 10:43, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. --Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 12:35, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe. Crinoline (talk) 14:58, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 20:27, 25 October 2012 (UTC)Sorry; I'm also committed to the RBSA. :( HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 23:38, 30 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes yes yes. Jarry1250 (talk) 10:28, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Grandiose (talk) 13:57, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Mervyn (talk) 09:21, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes. Stemonitis (talk) 10:48, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Criteria for deletion of Wikipedia articles, especially biographies. Jpbowen (talk) 10:43, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
How to spot us
It's easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia lapel badge or similar. We plan on being as close to the entrance as possible but may be further in or upstairs if the pub is crowded.
George Street is in the centre of Oxford not far from the station and very close to the bus station and Worcester Street car park.