|London 102||14 February|
|Hong Kong 106||19 February|
|Perth 24||20 February|
|Oxford 36||21 February|
|East London 5||23 February|
|Liverpool 18||27 February|
|Cape Town 12||6 March|
|Hitchin 1||7 February|
|Athens - NCSR Demokritos||6 February|
|Cambridge 30||30 January|
|East London 4||26 January|
|Manchester 32||23 January|
|Rajbiraj 3||12 February|
|Oxford 35||17 January|
|Hong Kong 105||15 January|
|Costa Rica 3||15 January|
|Perth 23||15 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Glasgow Wikimedia Meetup Number 2
Date and time: Sunday 18th August 2013. 1.00 pm onwards.
Location: The Sir John Moore, 260-292 Argyle Street, City of Glasgow G2 8QW.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our second meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any Glasgow Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
Yes Philafrenzy (talk) 10:58, 23 May 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, will come over from Edinburgh Lee Bunce (talk) 15:26, 5 June 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe, will see what happens :) [stwalkerster|talk] 14:15, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
- Yes. --Oswin Oswald (talk) 22:51, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, hope to be able to come over from Edinburgh as well! ACrockford (talk) 13:10, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- There's an editathon happening with Glasgow Women's Library on 16th November - venue tbc - which came out of the blog post from last time
- Because of that I asked Katie if a Train the Trainers event could be held in central Scotland beforehand
- You'll probably know that the Wikimedian in Residence started at the NLS yesterday and hopefully she'll come along for a drink
- and finally, I've got an online meeting on 15th July to discuss Wikimedia issuing Open Badges
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
The Sir John Moore is a Wetherspoons pub near Glasgow Central station. Wifi and food are available.
How to spot us
It's easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia lapel badge or similar. We plan on being as close to the entrance as possible but may be further in or upstairs if the pub is crowded.