|Hong Kong 120||25 May|
|London 143||9 June|
|Manchester 36||9 June|
|Oxford 72||19 May|
|London 142||12 May|
|Cambridge 41||12 May|
|London SkillShare 2||7 May|
|London Wikidata 2||2 May|
|Beijing 16||1 May|
|Tacloban 7||27 April|
|Igbo Wikimedians User Group/5||13 April|
|WikiGap 2019 Hong Kong||8 March|
|Bristol 3||1 Sep 2018|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Oxford Wikimedia Meetup Number 33
Date and time: Sunday 18 October 2015. 1.00 pm onwards.
Location: The Four Candles, 51 George Street, Oxford, OX1 2BE.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our thirty-third meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any Oxford Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 21:14, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
- Hopefully Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 21:30, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 21:56, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
- Again I won't be in Oxford at the weekend, but I will be at work for the previous week, running four Wikipedia events to celebrate the Ada Lovelace bicentenary, including an image-a-thon and (first ever?) Wikisource transcribe-a-thon. Supporting trainers and other participants from outside the University are welcome: to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org Cheers, MartinPoulter (talk) 12:46, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
- I regret I'll have to miss this one, and the November one. Maproom (talk) 09:32, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
- Apologies - my daughter is visiting me this weekend. --RexxS (talk) 18:33, 17 October 2015 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Decide what to do about Meetup/Oxford/34 in light of Meetup/Birmingham/4 taking our regular date in November - which may impact December too.
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians; however, this is also an open invitation to anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer. Alcohol consumption is optional.
How to spot us
It's usually easy to find us, look for anyone with a laptop out or a Wikipedia T-shirt, lapel badge or similar. We aim to secure one of the two bench seats behind the stairs, but failing that we'll probably be at one of the high tables between the stairs and the entrance. Bear in mind that we could be upstairs.
George Street is in the centre of Oxford not far from the station and very close to the bus station and Worcester Street car park.
The nearest railway station is Oxford (10 minutes walk) with frequent services from various places including: Banbury; Birmingham New Street; Didcot; London Paddington; Reading; Southampton Central; and Worcester Shrub Hill.
Express coach services also run from Victoria and other points in London to central Oxford, on Route X90 and "Oxford Tube". Stay on the coach all the way to Gloucester Green, it's just across the road from The Four Candles, which you can see out of the right-hand side of the coach just as it turns into Chain Alley/Gloucester Green.
There are Park-and-Ride car parks at points around the Oxford Ring Road, served by buses along main roads into the centre, on routes 300 (Redbridge - City Centre - Pear Tree) and 400 (Seacourt - City Centre - Thornhill). Note: Route 500 (Water Eaton - City Centre) does not run on Sundays. The nearest stops are A5 on George Street (Route 300 inwards from Pear Tree, outwards to Redbridge), which is almost outside the front door; B1 on George Street (Route 300 inwards from Redbridge, outwards to Pear Tree), which is right opposite; D1 on New Road (Route 400 inwards buses from Seacourt, outwards to Thornhill), which is two streets away; and E4, known as County Hall (Route 400 inwards buses from Thornhill, outwards to Seacourt) also on New Road.