The 34th London Wikimedia meet-up took place on Sunday 13th June in the usual place, The Penderel's Oak pub in Holborn WC1.
The following people signed up:
- WereSpielChequers 08:12, 3 March 2010 (UTC)
- Witty lama 11:03, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
- James F. (talk) 14:34, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully. Camaron · Christopher · talk 15:00, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- WilliamH 21:26, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully, though I've said that for the last several. Having the page on meta doesn't help, as I never check here. Ged UK 08:26, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Very provisionally. I'll be in London that weekend, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the meet-up. AGK 17:07, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. My exams will finish, so this is the best time to go. Minimac 18:09, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- Dependant on whether my significantly better half will let me go/come with me. Ironholds 05:54, 1 June 2010 (UTC)
- Aphaia 13:22, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. 220.127.116.11 11:55, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- Exams are over and i would like to meet some wikipedians, so i may well try and make it down. Then again, exams will be over so there is a possibility i will not be in any fit state to do so :p Ajbpearce 17:31, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe Johnbod 20:25, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- Plan to!Harrypotter 22:29, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- Probably . Stephen B Streater 09:23, 9 June 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe. --Deryck Chan 15:13, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- Definitely possible. The Land 16:04, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- Outside possibility, but unfortunately not v likely.HeartofaDog (talk) 14:21, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Experienced Wikipedians help out new editors who have problems with editing wikipedia
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
We often get newish editors attending.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.