|Igbo Wikimedians Meetup 3||26 January|
|London 139||10 February|
|Oxford 68||20 January|
|London 138||13 January|
|Cambridge 39||15 December|
|Hong Kong 118||3 November|
|Igbo Wikimedians Launch Meetup||20 October|
|Bristol 3||1 September|
|Warsaw 21||28 July|
|Changsha 1||28 July|
|Edinburgh 13||11 July|
|China 1||1-11 July|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
CAMBRIDGE WIKIMEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 26
When: Saturday 14th March 2015 — 15:00 onwards
Where: CB2 cybercafé, 5–7 Norfolk St, Cambridge, CB1 2LD UK
Note: we always meet upstairs! See here for a map.
- Andrew Gray
- Charles Matthews
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK)
- Magnus Manske
- the wub
Plus one other.
Some of us talked about using interactive SVG to let the user simulate rotating a 3D object, whether real objects (e.g. museum artifacts) photographed on a turntable or computer renders.
I've hacked up a demonstration as on the right. The SVG file has the image above embedded in Base64. Hovering the mouse over the SVG shifts the offset of the image in a window which the user sees. Elements can be overlaid on the image, in this case, the atmospheric haze.
Another example which shows time progression instead of orientation is at File:BlueMarble monthlies SMIL.svg. Finally, one that responds to clicks to allow any combination of features to be selected is at File:Enlargement_of_the_European_Union_SMIL.svg.
It'd be great to automate the generation of the image and SVG using Toolserver. Please let me know if you'd like to collaborate on this.
- Charles Matthews (talk) 14:47, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- edward (talk) 14:56, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK) (talk) 09:34, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Petermr (talk) 22:14, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Magnus Manske (talk) 18:53, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Pintoch (talk) 18:24, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Arjayay (talk) 13:53, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 15:48, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- cmɢʟee⎆τaʟκ 11:25, 14 March 2015 (UTC) (if I can fit it between Cambridge Science Festival talks!)