|London 193||11 June|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|Oxford 90||18 June|
|Oxford 89||21 May|
|London 192||14 May|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|Meetups at ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|Wikimania in-person events||11–14 August|
|Perth 73||23 July|
|Hong Kong 129 (WikiCafe HK #1)||19 December|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
CAMBRIDGE WIKIMEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 26
When: Saturday 14th March 2015 — 15:00 onwards
Where: CB2 cybercafé, 5–7 Norfolk St, Cambridge, CB1 2LD UK
Note: we always meet upstairs! See here for a map.
- Andrew Gray
- Charles Matthews
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK)
- Magnus Manske
- the wub
Plus one other.
Some of us talked about using interactive SVG to let the user simulate rotating a 3D object, whether real objects (e.g. museum artifacts) photographed on a turntable or computer renders.
I've hacked up a demonstration as on the right. The SVG file has the image above embedded in Base64. Hovering the mouse over the SVG shifts the offset of the image in a window which the user sees. Elements can be overlaid on the image, in this case, the atmospheric haze.
Another example which shows time progression instead of orientation is at File:BlueMarble monthlies SMIL.svg. Finally, one that responds to clicks to allow any combination of features to be selected is at File:Enlargement_of_the_European_Union_SMIL.svg.
It'd be great to automate the generation of the image and SVG using Toolserver. Please let me know if you'd like to collaborate on this.
- Charles Matthews (talk) 14:47, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- edward (talk) 14:56, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- Fabian Tompsett (WMUK) (talk) 09:34, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
- Petermr (talk) 22:14, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
- Magnus Manske (talk) 18:53, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- Pintoch (talk) 18:24, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Arjayay (talk) 13:53, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 15:48, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
- cmɢʟee⎆τaʟκ 11:25, 14 March 2015 (UTC) (if I can fit it between Cambridge Science Festival talks!)
- MatthewIreland (talk) 14:47, 14 March 2015 (UTC)