|London 196||10 September|
|Bristol 4||16 September|
|Oxford 93||17 September|
|Bangkok 3||26 August|
|Oxford 92||20 August|
|Wikimania 2023 Singapore||16-19 August|
|London 195||13 August|
|Cambridge 46||18 June|
|UK virtual 18||26 April|
|Portsmouth 3||23 April|
|ESEAP Conference 2022||18-20 November|
|WikiConference North America||11-13 November|
|List of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
A social gathering for Wikimedia/Wikipedia enthusiasts. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, and complete newbies are also welcome, as is anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects.
Although this meetup is a continuation of the regular "London" pub gatherings, going virtual means that geography is no longer a constraint so do feel free to join from anywhere you may be, in the UK or elsewhere!
Please also invite any Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) who might be interested – spread the word!
@Dreamy Jazz, Joseph2302, Rodw, GhostInTheMachine, Johnbod, Leutha, Susan Wrote This, Broichmore, ClemRutter, SHISHIR DUA, RexxS, Curb Safe Charmer, OwenBlacker, Mike Peel, Andrew Davidson, BlitzkriegBoop, LegofanCy, PamD, Djm-leighpark, and Mccapra:
Here's the zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84805566882?pwd=aGRmZTN5UTNmdmVuWnNOSk11L2ZsZz09
And if using the app: Meeting ID: 848 0556 6882 Passcode: 592828
Add your name to the list by adding an asterisk and four tildes like this:
- the wub "?!" 17:18, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- probably will Dreamy Jazz talk to me | enwiki 20:49, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Seems likely I'll be free. Joseph2302 (talk) 21:37, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Probably Rodw (talk) 21:51, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hope so — GhostInTheMachine talk to me 23:19, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Should be Johnbod (talk) 03:51, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- Probably will, seems likely I'll be free and I Hope so, so I Should be Leutha (talk) 17:55, 30 November 2020 (UTC)
- The first time I'll attend. Rather excited about it. Susan Wrote This (talk) 12:53, 1 December 2020 (UTC)
- Probably Broichmore (talk) 18:21, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- Yes ClemRutter (talk) 10:04, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- SHISHIR DUA (talk) 19:22, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- RexxS (talk) 22:13, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 12:26, 23 November 2020 (UTC)
May be attending
- Curb Safe Charmer (talk) 13:03, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
- OwenBlacker (Talk) 15:33, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- Andrew D. (talk) 22:13, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- BlitzkriegBoop (talk) 11:15, 4 December 2020 (UTC)
- Can hopefully attend! LegofanCy (talk) 03:28, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Might pop in for some of the time. PamD (talk) 21:40, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- May pop in. Djm-leighpark (talk) 19:00, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- May do. Mccapra (talk) 17:47, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
Interested but not attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday brunch. Sunday roasts are no longer offered but they do a reasonable pizza now and have a range of other snacks and dishes.
- Welcome guests from around the world and other groups which meet there
- Chat about Wikimedia or any other topics
- Experienced Wikimedians help out new editors and share experiences about anything from copyright to editing tools.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
New and prospective editors are also very welcome.
The pub is quite quiet and family-friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
The pub has an accessible loo on the ground floor. There are some sections of the pub that are only accessible by steps, but we always meet in the main step free section, usually opposite the main doors.
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them. Wikimania Tshirts can also be a good clue.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube and Thameslink station and Temple tube station are not too far. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles; 2 km), St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles; 1.9 km) and Kings Cross.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.