|Manchester 28||26 April|
|London 93||10 May|
|Hong Kong 97||15 May|
|Cambridge 27||16 May|
|Oxford 28||17 May|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|York 2||14 June|
|Edinburgh 8||22 April|
|Oxford 27||19 April|
|Hong Kong 96||17 April|
|Leeds 5||12 April|
|London 92||12 April|
|Pittsburgh 1||3 April|
|Dublin 1||20 March|
|Cambridge 26||14 March|
|Manchester 27||22 February|
|Cardiff 4||22 February|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Manchester Wikimedia Meetup Number 20
Sunday 20 October 2013 — 13:00 onwards
Venue: The Waterhouse (Wetherspoons), 67-71 Princess Street, M2 4EG
Note the change of venue!
A wikimeet is a social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Chat about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and any other topics we fancy.
- Eat lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is lunch)
Wikimeets are mainly casual social events. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Anything of interest to Wikipedia:WikiProject Greater Manchester will also be relevant here. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beverage of your choice.
We usually meet in a quiet, family-friendly pub, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will still feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Please sign below if you intend to come. If you want a reminder closer to the time, please leave a note after your signature.
- Deskana. This one I should actually be around for!
- Assuming my bloody train doesn't break down! HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 14:13, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
- Should make this one for sure. Julia\talk 07:16, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
Hopefully, assuming neither uni nor family throw spanners in the works. Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 00:16, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
- I hope to make it. Missed the last one, due to last minute change of venue. Ironically, I left friends in Waterhouse to try to get to the Wikimedia meetup, and when I couldn't find the latter, returned to the Waterhouse, never realising that a wander round that pub would have led me to the meetup that I had failed to find. JamesBWatson (talk) 14:23, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- I've never yet attended any Wikimedia meet-ups, and have always contemplated doing so at some stage. Seeing as I know where this pub is and how friendly it is, then I will try to come along to this one. Would it be possible to send me a reminder to my main Wikipedia talk page, closer to the time in case I forget!? Thanks, Wesley Mouse (talk) 17:11, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
- First-timer here too! Currently doing a final year project using Wikipedia. Elizabeth Chesters
- --ClemRutter (talk) 09:36, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- New location!? NEW!? Don't you know Wikipedians DON'T LIKE CHANGE! Hope to be there with Stacey. WormTT 09:16, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- * [manley21 Will be there with briaind
- Don't think I am going to be able to make this, which is a bit of a shame since I will be at the Girl Geeks training and it would be good to discuss plans. Yaris678 (talk) 17:27, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
- Apologies; I'm at a friend's wedding on the 19th, and probably won't be back until late on the 20th. Mike Peel (talk) 18:44, 16 October 2013 (UTC)