|London 98||11 October|
|Oxford 33||18 October|
|Manchester 31||25 October|
|East London 2||27 October|
|Singapore 8||8 November|
|Edinburgh 9||30 September|
|Liverpool 17||27 September|
|Oxford 32||20 September|
|Hong Kong 101||18 September|
|London 97||13 September|
|Manchester 30||23 August|
|Andorra 2||17 August|
|Cambridge 28||15 August|
|East London 1||24 June|
|Glasgow 6||18 June|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 12th February 2012 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-fourth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 17:26, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Exams over; no engineering works planned at present. CT Cooper · talk 18:52, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Possibly. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 00:31, 1 February 2012 (UTC)
- There is a board meeting - hopefully we finish in time Victuallers 20:09, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Marek.69 talk 18:00, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 00:54, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
- —Tom Morris (talk) 19:32, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
- Natkabrown 07:35, 10 February 2012 (UTC) I will try my best ;)
- I'd like to come along, assuming that 'newbie asks silly questions' is entirely part of the event... Failedwizard 11:14, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- Probably Johnbod 12:26, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- Kaly99 16:30, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- Possibly. Shimgray 22:39, 10 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hopefully, ass long as the board meeting finishes soonish! Richard Symonds (WMUK) 16:40, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
- Briefly, I shall head off earlyLeutha
- Ironholds 11:36, 12 February 2012 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.