|Hong Kong 78||21 June|
|Manchester 18||22 June|
|Coventry 8||7 July|
|Oxford 6||14 July|
|London 71||14 July|
|San Diego Comic-Con 1||17 July|
|Bristol 2||28 July|
|Tokyo 39||28 July|
|Glasgow 2||18 August|
|London 70||16 June|
|Oxford 5||2 June|
|Liverpool 8||18 May|
|Cambridge 18||18 May|
|Hong Kong 77||17 May|
|Nottingham 1||12 May|
|Glasgow 1||12 May|
|Brighton 1||28 April|
|Coventry 7||7 April|
|Manchester 17||6 April|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 40
Date and time: Sunday 12th December — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fortieth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 16:16, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 08:21, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- DhavalTalk 09:27, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Always and forever Panyd 20:21, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe this time... Minimac 15:28, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- There's a possibility. Stifle 19:48, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Beers on me! Peter Damian 21:33, 26 November 2010 (UTC) Run out of money, sorry. Peter Damian 22:55, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- Likely but not definite. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 22:35, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Fæ 05:51, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Subject to snow. Tom Morris 14:27, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
- Planning to come. Johnbod 02:17, 1 December 2010 (UTC) Actually I have a horrible cold & may not come. Johnbod 23:34, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
- Look forward to meeting everyone. GemGriff 10:51, 3 December 2001 (UTC)
- Harry Wood
- Advised to come by Mike Peel as I have an idea for Wikipedia - Vinesh Patel
- Looking forward to meeting Gemma! Not forgetting all others. Charles Matthews 12:27, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- As a result of the GLAM wiki conference we have the opportunity to get involved in collaboration days with various London Museums and similar. Do we want the London meetup to get involved in some of the coordination of this and if so which events do we want next year? We may have a guest visitor from Kew or one of the other museums we've been talking to.
- Would anyone be willing to help me set up a Python bot? WereSpielChequers 16:49, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Should the next meeting be on the usual second Sunday or postponed 6 days to the tenth anniversary?
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.