|York 2||14 June|
|London 94||14 June|
|Oxford 29||21 June|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|Oxford 28||17 May|
|Cambridge 27||16 May|
|Hong Kong 97||15 May|
|London 93||10 May|
|Manchester 28||26 April|
|Edinburgh 8||22 April|
|Leeds 5||12 April|
|Pittsburgh 1||3 April|
|Dublin 1||20 March|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 40
Date and time: Sunday 12th December — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fortieth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 16:16, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 08:21, 15 November 2010 (UTC)
- DhavalTalk 09:27, 17 November 2010 (UTC)
- Always and forever Panyd 20:21, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe this time... Minimac 15:28, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- There's a possibility. Stifle 19:48, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Beers on me! Peter Damian 21:33, 26 November 2010 (UTC) Run out of money, sorry. Peter Damian 22:55, 9 December 2010 (UTC)
- Likely but not definite. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 22:35, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Fæ 05:51, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Subject to snow. Tom Morris 14:27, 30 November 2010 (UTC)
- Planning to come. Johnbod 02:17, 1 December 2010 (UTC) Actually I have a horrible cold & may not come. Johnbod 23:34, 11 December 2010 (UTC)
- Look forward to meeting everyone. GemGriff 10:51, 3 December 2001 (UTC)
- Harry Wood
- Advised to come by Mike Peel as I have an idea for Wikipedia - Vinesh Patel
- Looking forward to meeting Gemma! Not forgetting all others. Charles Matthews 12:27, 8 December 2010 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- As a result of the GLAM wiki conference we have the opportunity to get involved in collaboration days with various London Museums and similar. Do we want the London meetup to get involved in some of the coordination of this and if so which events do we want next year? We may have a guest visitor from Kew or one of the other museums we've been talking to.
- Would anyone be willing to help me set up a Python bot? WereSpielChequers 16:49, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Should the next meeting be on the usual second Sunday or postponed 6 days to the tenth anniversary?
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Reflect on Election night meetup/editathon
- Chat about the volunteer meetup (25 July 2015)
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians; however, this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.