|Oxford 5||2 June|
|London 70||9 June|
|Hong Kong 78||21 June|
|Manchester 18||22 June|
|Glasgow 2||18 August|
|Liverpool 8||18 May|
|Cambridge 18||18 May|
|Hong Kong 77||17 May|
|Nottingham 1||12 May|
|London 69||12 May|
|Glasgow 1||12 May|
|Oxford 4||5 May|
|Brighton 1||28 April|
|Coventry 7||7 April|
|Manchester 17||6 April|
|London · Hong Kong|
London Wikimedia Meetup Number 42
Date and time: Sunday 13th February — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our forty-second meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers 17:05, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- I can join in-! Is there any need to register in prior or are we free to come over?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Harry10000 (talk • contribs) .
- Fæ Add this meeting to your Google calendar
- Tom Morris will hopefully be there. It is his birthday.
- Harrypotter Hope to make it!
- Giloveart Will make it!
- Vinnypatel 20:50, 9 February 2011 (UTC) I'm there. I'll be pleased to meet any Imperial College students/ alumni, as I will hopefully have completed forming, holding an event for and publicising our sought-after IC Wikipedia society
- panyd - This is only tentative on being well but fingers crossed! All Hail The Muffin 17:17, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- Johnbod 14:31, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- I very much hope so Natkabrown 16:05, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- Looking forward to it. Please see suggestion below. :D Vwoodstock 15:41, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
- I was ill last time but I should be able to make this meetup, AdamBMorgan 17:32, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
- In the diary for this Sunday, hope to make it for a few hours ! lloydgprice, 16:54, 9 February 2011
- Tentative. Will come if I can. --Plad2 18:36, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Shams Zohan - I am absolutely a new comer in town. :) Doing my MSc. at City University London. Very eager to meet you guys and carry my experiences of wikimedia meetup to my country Bangladesh. However, due to few course-works I cannot confirm but I'll try my best to see u all at Holborn tommorrow.
- DhavalTalk 14:41, 13 February 2011 (UTC)-On my way, hope not too late.
- James F. (talk) 22:11, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Wikimania 2011: A while off yet but worth discussing, particularly given that two planned attendees have made submissions, these being Cooperation across different Wikipedia languages - the death anomalies case study and Freedom of panorama and Wikimedia Commons. CT Cooper · talk 23:30, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
- The relative merits of using a wiki method versus a contribution+approval method within a debating website. Vwoodstock 13:04, 3 February 2011 (UTC) (Development Manager at the International Debate Education Association (IDEA)).
- QR codes in museums as seen in derby and the issues of linking smart-phone friendly Wikipedia pages in multiple languages.
- Reactions to creating a GLAM ambassador steering group.
About the meet up 
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak 
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
Getting there 
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
Back-up plan 
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.