|Cambridge 25||24 January|
|Liverpool 14||25 January|
|Glasgow 5||1 February|
|London 90||8 February|
|Oxford 25||15 February|
|Oxford 24||18 January|
|Hong Kong 94||16 January|
|London 89||11 January|
|London Wikidata 2||7 January|
|Leeds 4||30 November|
|Manchester 26||23 November|
|English South Coast 1||23 November|
|Cambridge 24||8 November|
|Chester 3||18 October|
|Edinburgh 7||28 September|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 11th May 2014 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our eighty-first meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 14:22, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- MichaelMaggs (talk) 11:38, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
- Clruwe (Won't fail this time) 11:11, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 14:33, 20 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 11:46, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- Ex nihil (talk) 09:50, 2 May 2014 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 00:06, 4 May 2014 (UTC)
- Looking forward to it! CT Cooper · talk 17:53, 5 May 2014 (UTC)
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 08:32, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Redrose64 (talk; at English Wikipedia) 09:42, 11 May 2014 (UTC) plus friend
- I hope to come but I might be very late :( Natkabrown (talk) 09:47, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
- Have come on from Cavalry Sunday. 188.8.131.52 15:50, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
- Great catching up. - hahnchen (talk) 19:38, 11 May 2014 (UTC)
May be attending
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.