|Hong Kong 95||27 March|
|Pittsburgh 1||3 April|
|Leeds 5||12 April|
|London 92||12 April|
|Oxford 27||19 April|
|Edinburgh 8||22 April|
|Manchester 28||26 April|
|Liverpool 15||24 May|
|Dublin 1||20 March|
|Oxford 26||15 March|
|Cambridge 26||14 March|
|London 91||8 March|
|Manchester 27||22 February|
|Cardiff 4||22 February|
|Project Day Brussels||4 February|
|Glasgow 5||1 February|
|Liverpool 14||25 January|
|Hong Kong 94||16 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 9th March 2014 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventy-ninth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 14:17, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 06:39, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 12:16, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- Edwardx (talk) 13:14, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 11:30, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) all being well
- Natkabrown (talk) 10:58, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
- Wikiglobalgov First time, looking forward to talking.
- NavinoEvans (talk) 00:20, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- Johnbod (talk) 01:45, 9 March 2014 (UTC) Planning to
- Geni (talk) 05:46, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
May be attending
- It's not beyond the realms of possibility. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 21:09, 24 February 2014 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Chat about the volunteer meetup (in July 2015)
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.