|Wikiwalk London 2||27 April|
|Oxford 15||27 April|
|London 81||11 May|
|Cambridge 22||17 May|
|Manchester 23||18 May|
|Leeds 3||14 June|
|Wikiwalk London 1||20 April|
|Liverpool 11||19 April|
|Hong Kong 88||18 April|
|London 80||13 April|
|Plymouth 1||3 April|
|Edinburgh 5||30 March|
|Coventry 9||30 March|
|Accra 1||29 March|
|Manchester 22||23 March|
|Oxford 14||16 March|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 13th March — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our forty-third meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 22:14, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- No engineering works this time, so hopefully nothing else will get in the way. CT Cooper · talk 22:39, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 00:00, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- Fæ 08:21, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Tom Morris —Tom Morris (talk) 20:32, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ironholds 20:57, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- Natkabrown 19:24, 4 March 2011 (UTC)
- I'm there, to talk about the newly formed Wikipedians at Imperial College and all its activities!! Vinnypatel 14:34, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
- Mike Peel 18:05, 10 March 2011 (UTC) (from Manchester by car; if anyone wants a lift from that direction, let me know.)
- Likely, WJBscribe (talk) 03:17, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- Should be Johnbod 14:01, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
- Harrypotter I made it!
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Wikimania 2011: General discussion, and also recirculating Freedom of panorama and Wikimedia Commons from London 42 as I was not present at that meet-up. CT Cooper · talk 22:48, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
- How we can encourage grant applications from WMUK, perhaps promoting 2012 goals of "5 large projects and 100 grants" (where large is >£50,000 and grants are £500-£5,000) might attract more interest? --Fæ 08:21, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.