|Hong Kong 78||21 June|
|Manchester 18||22 June|
|Coventry 8||7 July|
|Oxford 6||14 July|
|London 71||14 July|
|San Diego Comic-Con 1||17 July|
|Bristol 2||28 July|
|Tokyo 39||28 July|
|Glasgow 2||18 August|
|London 70||16 June|
|Oxford 5||2 June|
|Liverpool 8||18 May|
|Cambridge 18||18 May|
|Hong Kong 77||17 May|
|Nottingham 1||12 May|
|Glasgow 1||12 May|
|Brighton 1||28 April|
|Coventry 7||7 April|
|Manchester 17||6 April|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 10th March 2013 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our sixty-seventh meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 22:22, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- Philafrenzy (talk) 01:02, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- I'll try to be there. Thfar
- Hope to attend. Trillig (talk) 14:40, 27 February 2013 (UTC)ʝ
- I'll come Natkabrown (talk) 12:05, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
- Might be able to. Daria Cybulska (WMUK) (talk) 15:48, 8 March 2013 (UTC)
- Johnbod (talk) 12:26, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- Gordo (talk)
- Leutha (talk) (Mother's Day)
- Something came up - AdamBMorgan (talk) 15:43, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 22:19, 9 March 2013 (UTC) - visiting family ooop north, I'm afraid. Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 22:19, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Too much work on I'm afraid. CT Cooper · talk 23:34, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Was hoping to attend, but just too much work for me as well. Edwardx (talk) 11:42, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- Not this time. Rich Farmbrough 12:47 10 March 2013 (GMT).
- Hope it goes well - am stuck catching up on WMUK work as on Jury Service during the week - think of me as you swig your pints. Jon Davies WMUK (talk) 15:09, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.