|Hong Kong 78||21 June|
|Manchester 18||22 June|
|Coventry 8||7 July|
|Oxford 6||14 July|
|London 71||14 July|
|San Diego Comic-Con 1||17 July|
|Bristol 2||28 July|
|Tokyo 39||28 July|
|Glasgow 2||18 August|
|London 70||16 June|
|Oxford 5||2 June|
|Liverpool 8||18 May|
|Cambridge 18||18 May|
|Hong Kong 77||17 May|
|Nottingham 1||12 May|
|Glasgow 1||12 May|
|Brighton 1||28 April|
|Coventry 7||7 April|
|Manchester 17||6 April|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 11th December 2011 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our fifty-second meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 18:24, 13 November 2011 (UTC)
- Nicholas Shanks — Looking for PGP key signatures
- phoebe | talk 19:32, 23 November 2011 (UTC). In town for a quick visit, looking forward to seeing everyone :)
- user:geniGeni 05:10, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
- Hopefully, but it's nice meeting some new people. Minimac 05:37, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
- RHaworth 14:17, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) missed a few months, be nice to meet up again.
- Natkabrown 10:21, 10 December 2011 (UTC) I might come late :)
- Johnbod 15:19, 10 December 2011 (UTC) - sorry, had a cold
- Philafrenzy 20:36, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- Leutha 22:06, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- EdSaperia 09:54, 11 December 2011 (UTC) wow, editing on your mobile is hard -.-
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Wikimania 2013 seems like a fairly likely topic
- wmuk:OTRS workshop who's going and what should it cover?
Travel Notes for December
Farringdon will be closed (it is closed most Sundays at the moment).
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.