|Chester 2||7 December|
|London 76||8 December|
|Oxford 11||15 December|
|Glasgow 3||1 December|
|Belfast 1||23 November|
|Oxford 10||17 November|
|London 75||10 November|
|Cambridge 20||9 November|
|Dhaka 15||1 November|
|Cardiff 2||1 November|
|Edinburgh 4||27 October|
|Manchester 20||20 October|
|Leeds 1||5 October|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 13th October 2013 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our seventy-fourth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Yes. Philafrenzy (talk) 16:52, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
- Yes please. Edwardx (talk) 12:16, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers (talk) 13:47, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- Not been for a while so yes.Geni (talk) 18:37, 24 September 2013 (UTC)
- I reckon Leutha (talk) 10:24, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- --MichaelMaggs (talk) 10:58, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 10:44, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- Probably Johnbod (talk) 21:18, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- RHaworth (talk) 21:35, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
- Natkabrown (talk) 11:00, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- Almanacer (talk) 08:50, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
- The wi-fi works today! Andrew Davidson (talk) 15:50, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
May be attending
- Hopefully Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 12:26, 12 September 2013 (UTC)
- Attendance-curious DjScrawl (talk) 15:08, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Daniele Pugliesi (talk) 14:37, 20 September 2013 (UTC)
- Quentin Geissmann (talk) 08:17, 23 September 2013 (UTC)
- Chris Keating (The Land) (talk) 15:03, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- Ian McDonald Drianmcdonald (talk) 14:30, 30 September 2013 (UTC)
- Attendance-curious LudicrousTripe (talk) 17:07, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- the wub "?!" 23:13, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.