|Oxford 11||15 December|
|London 76||8 December|
|Chester 2||7 December|
|Glasgow 3||1 December|
|Belfast 1||23 November|
|Oxford 10||17 November|
|Cambridge 20||9 November|
|Dhaka 15||1 November|
|Cardiff 2||1 November|
|Edinburgh 4||27 October|
|Manchester 20||20 October|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 14th August — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our forty-eigth meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Fæ, WM-UK Chapter director
- James F. (talk) 06:52, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- No reason why not at the moment. CT Cooper · talk 15:40, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Possibly. Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 18:51, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Hopefully. AdamBMorgan 19:37, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Probably. RHaworth 23:05, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- May go early but I'll turn up. Minimac 04:22, 7 August 2011 (UTC)
- Should make it. Leutha 20:03, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. Philafrenzy 11:54, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Planning on it. Mr impossible 16:27, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- All by myself! Panyd 15:52, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- ...not quite! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry 23:07, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- Will be there. —Tom Morris (talk) 19:06, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
- I will come ;) I think that I have been coming for the meetings for a year! Natkabrown 06:27, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Reliving Wikimania and making non-attendees utterly envious. Heh. —Tom Morris (talk) 22:18, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
- Collaboration with The National Archives (TNA)
- Raise glasses for the 5th Birthday of Wikiversity!
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikimedia enthusiasts, where we...
- Drink coffee and/or beer and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not a requirement!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not look for a laptop logged into Wikipedia, or with a Wikimedia logo on it.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn Tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
The pub is just over a mile walk from St Pancras railway station.
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Routes 8, 25 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub may be found on the left-hand side.