|London 91||8 March|
|Cambridge 26||14 March|
|Oxford 26||15 March|
|Dublin 1||20 March|
|Pittsburgh 1||3 April|
|Manchester 27||22 February|
|Cardiff 4||22 February|
|Oxford 25||15 February|
|London 90||8 February|
|Project Day Brussels||4 February|
|Glasgow 5||1 February|
|Liverpool 14||25 January|
|Cambridge 25||24 January|
|Hong Kong 94||16 January|
|London Wikidata 2||7 January|
|list of regular meetups|
|London · Hong Kong|
Date and time: Sunday 16th October 2011 — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak Pub, Holborn, London WC1
Thanks for coming to our fiftieth meeting! Here's the list of people who signed up beforehand (may or may not have actually attended) :
- James F. (talk) 09:10, 15 August 2011 (UTC) - Or should we move it somewhere different to celebrate this being number 50? // Now done.
- Possibly. CT Cooper · talk 12:23, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry attending (partly as WMUK staff)
- Victuallers WMUK Board member
- Fæ WMUK Board member, GLAMUK task force
- HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts?
- Martin Poulter WMUK Board member
- Hopefully. Thryduulf (en.wikt,en.wp,commons) 20:46, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Mike Peel 19:07, 1 October 2011 (UTC) - I'll be driving down from Manchester, via Derby; if anyone wants a lift from that direction then please let me know.
- Marek.69 talk 23:06, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- Intending to make my first event. Miyagawa 19:47, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- DhavalTalk 22:16, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
- Harry Wood
- May well make it along. Smartse 15:33, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Helga Perry coming with Rupert Fawdry and Irina Kulikova - it'll be our first meeting.
- Should be able to make it after all.Geni 01:31, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Tom Morris
- Natkabrown 21:22, 15 October 2011 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. We usually have some experienced users and some laptops around so if you want a ten minute lesson in creating tables doing history merges or you just have a question on copyright this is a good venue (but please don't start discussions on copyright until enough people have arrived for a non-copyright conversation to run in parallel).
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them below.
- Wikimedia UK are holding an Extra Ordinary General meeting in a room downstairs. All WMUK members can vote and membership is five pounds.
About the meetup
London meetups are generally casual social events where we...
- Drink coffee, beer, tea and some of us have Sunday lunch.
- Chat about Wikipedia or any other topics we fancy.
- Chat about the volunteer meetup
You can expect to meet some very keen Wikimedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects such as Wikimedia Commons, Wikiversity and WikiSource.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so younger Wikimedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is not compulsory!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us – we're usually the crowd with several laptops on the large tables straight ahead of you when you enter the pub. If not, then look for a tabletop Wikimedia UK banner and laptops with Wikipedia stickers on them.
||Chancery Lane||0.2 miles|
The Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station and Chancery Lane tube station. Farringdon tube station is not too far, nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles), albeit this station is closed on Sundays. The pub is also within walking distance of Waterloo railway station (1.3 miles) and St Pancras railway station (1.2 miles).
Several bus routes also go directly to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus than by tube.
Bike hire (TfL scheme) is in Red Lion Street, just opposite the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
In the rare event of a kitchen closure or another problem at the Penderel's Oak, the meetup will be relocated to the Shakespeare's Head – another Wetherspoons pub located nearby. To get there from the Penderel's Oak, when exiting onto the street turn left, then when walking past Holborn tube station turn left again down Kingsway, and after a short walk the pub will be found on the left-hand side.