Talk:Wikimedia Colombia

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Archivos de esta página/Archives of this page


Mayo de 2011[edit]

Como ya se ha indicado en otros lugares, recientemente se retomó el proceso de creación de Wikimedia Colombia. Por el momento, el contacto entre los interesados en participar del proyecto se llevará a cabo principalmente en esta página de discusión. Adicionalmente, se están llevando a cabo reuniones en el canal IRC #wikimedia-co de Freenode (acceso directo: clic aquí) todos los jueves a partir de las 8 p.m. (hora colombiana).

Evidentemente, el éxito de la iniciativa depende del grupo de trabajo que logre formarse, así que quienes estén interesados en participar en el proceso (en mayor o menor medida) dejen un mensaje.

Saludos, Racso ¿¿¿??? 05:39, 12 May 2011 (UTC) Nota: se añadirá más información en las próximas horas.

Hola; ¿Mi registro de es/en-Wikipedia no vale en wikimedia? ¿tengo que abrir otra cuenta? Thanks... Jyon
A mi me sirvio, y estoy muy interesado en participar de tan noble y loable proyecto, que toca que hacer? para cualquier mensaje en especifico porfavor usar mi discusión en ES. danke --Sahaquiel9102 16:59, 13 May 2011 (UTC)
@Jyon, el login debería servir. Intenta conectarte usándolo. Si no te funciona, indícanoslo de nuevo a ver si podemos ayudarte. --Racso ¿¿¿??? 18:41, 13 May 2011 (UTC)

Le comentaba a Sahaquiel por IRC que lo primordial por ahora es conseguir gente interesada en hacer parte del capítulo. Eso implica, entre otras cosas, el interés de reunirse físicamente (de vez en cuando, claro), de inscribirse en el capítulo (en vivo, asociándose cuando esté creado) e incluso, mas no necesariamente, de participar en actividades que se lleven a cabo (físicas o virtuales). En resumen: por el momento no hay que hacer mayor cosa para participar de la iniciativa; basta con estar interesado. De cualquier modo, queremos intentar organizar algunas cosas para consolidar el grupo de trabajo e intentar contactar más interesados (encuentros, por ejemplo, o actividades que puedan ocurrirse en el camino), pero eso lo comentaremos un poquito más adelante. ¡Saludos! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 18:41, 13 May 2011 (UTC)

Hola, yo creo estar interesado pero me gustaría saber propiamente qué es un "Capítulo". He oído el término pero nunca he visto que digan específicamente qué es. Yo vivo en Medellín. Nicoguaro 21:18, 15 May 2011 (UTC)

Nicoguaro, te invito a que leas la pregunta 2 de esta página que hemos preparado. Así comprobaremos si la respuesta que se da allí es clara o no. Si sigues teniendo dudas o si prefieres que te explique personalmente, por favor indícalo. ¡Saludos! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 04:34, 16 May 2011 (UTC)

Yo quiero hacer parte activa de la creación del capítulo, cuenten conmigo para lo que sea. Pero este jueves me queda realmente complicado reunirme, si las reuniones son todos los jueves el próximo sí podré estar. Cualquier cosa que necesiten escríbanme en mi página de discusión en español. Hago parte de Wikipedia hace más de tres años y desde que se ideó planificar el capitulo para Colombia lo he seguido pero por razones ajenas a mi voluntad no he podido reunirme, así que espero su respuesta.

Sí aplazan la reunión para el martes o después podré sin problema, de lo contrario, sí quedan los jueves como está planeado, el próximo, como dije antes, pueden contar con mi presencia.--Luisfege 02:55, 16 May 2011 (UTC)

Luisfege: sí, las reuniones son todos los jueves. La verdad es que preferimos no aplazarlas por varios motivos (evitar confusiones e intentar generar la costumbre, principalmente), aunque si observáramos que varias personas preferirían otro horario permanentemente (que parece que no es tu caso), las trasladaríamos (o incluso consideraríamos la posibilidad de hacer dos sesiones semanales).
De cualquier modo, si en algún momento puedes conectarte e ingresar a la reunión, ¡bienvenido!; si no, no hay ningún problema: nos veremos en la siguiente. ¡Saludos! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 04:34, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
Además siempre queda un acta, la cual puedes revisar. --Sahaquiel9102 04:05, 17 May 2011 (UTC)

Colaboraré en lo que haga falta. Davichito 17:43, 16 May 2011 (UTC)

Lista de participantes[edit]

La lista de Participantes se trasladó a la wiki de Wikimedia Colombia: [1]. Adicionalmente, se reinició (más información en [2]). Saludos. --Racso ¿¿¿??? 06:00, 17 May 2011 (UTC)

English page[edit]

For this project's page, do you want me to insert English translations in this page, or do you want me to make a separate page like I did for Wikimedia Costa Rica? WhisperToMe (talk) 03:36, 29 October 2012 (UTC)

I'm not sure whom you were asking, but in my humble opinion, English translations on the same page are better at this stage, as they are thus more likely to be kept up to date. Asaf Bartov (WMF Grants) talk 17:19, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
I was asking everybody contributing to the project. Sounds good! Some Wikimedia country projects do things differently; i.e. Costa Rica opted for a separate page in English WhisperToMe (talk) 19:34, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
I have added English to this page. This corresponds with adding Spanish to the US Wikimedia Federation page, and English to the Costa Rica page. This will help foreigners living in Colombia who speak English better than Spanish participate in Wikimedia Colombia. WhisperToMe (talk) 19:51, 29 October 2012 (UTC)

Nordic Yearbook[edit]

Does your Chapter have an postal adress where I can send snailmail with our nordic yearbook? Send it to jakob.hammarback@wikimedia.se http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Working_with_the_Wikimedia_Chapters_in_Denmark,_Norway_and_Sweden.pdf

Wikimedia LGBT[edit]

Wikimedia LGBT outreach logo.svg Wikimedia LGBT+
Wikimedia LGBT+ is a proposed thematic organization that seeks to promote the development of content on Wikimedia projects which is of interest to LGBT+ communities. Proposed activities include outreach at LGBT events, Wikimania and other Wikimedia events, an international campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, and work on safe space policies, among other collaborations and interwiki projects. Active Wikimedians are welcome to join this cause! Please consider adding your name as a participant/supporter. Current tasks include translating pages, building a strong framework here at Meta, and achieving user group status (with the eventual goal of becoming a thematic organization). Your feedback is welcome on the discussion page.

--Another Believer (talk) 17:46, 1 November 2013 (UTC)

Tagging for translation[edit]

On the Babylon talk page I proposed tagging the Wikimedia Colombia pages for translation. Everyone cool with it? Meta_talk:Babylon#Tagging_Texas_Wikimedians_and_Wikimedia_Egypt_for_translation It would put the Spanish and English content in separate places, and allow for translation of Wikimedia Colombia/Grupo de usuarios WhisperToMe (talk) 05:25, 10 April 2014 (UTC)

WikiScienceCompetition 2017 in Latin America[edit]

Hi. Wiki Science Competition has started in the whole word. Please, see m:CentralNotice/Request/Wiki_Science_Competition_2017_(November_1-30) for banner discussion. It's a request for banner for WSC.

I could find jurors from SOuth America, bust mostly Brasilian so I reminf you that our second-level jury can be enlarged if you have a suitable profile to suggest (basically, anyone with a bibliometric record, who is expert of peer-reviewed publications, possibly a scientist). we don't need in any case many new names if the upload is so low in many countries.

On many local wikipedias such as on trwiki, elwiki, etc I opened a discussion for banner, we fixed most of Asia and Europe where necessary but the thing seems urgent now in Latin America because we have no uploaded files.

Here is a discussion on eswiki

Please notice that I was focused on the academic committee, only now that the main work there is done I am helping with the organization. If someone else has contacted or not contacted you, I don't know. I can't exchange all the details related to more than 190 countries, I am just trying to give scientists from all the world similar opportunities, that's it.

If we can't get a banner, please if you can tweet us #WSC2017 #WikiScience.--Alexmar983 (talk) 07:50, 12 November 2017 (UTC)

Notification of Past Due Reporting[edit]

Greetings, This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization is currently past due on its required annual reporting. User Groups are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to renew their status as a Wikimedia User Group. Reports must be written in English, posted to meta, and linked on the meta Reports page.

As noted on the meta Reports page, your organization’s 2017 annual reporting became past due in July. Please be sure to

  1. Post your 2017 annual reporting (Which looks to have been started) to the meta Reports page as soon as possible to return to compliance with your Usergroup agreement.
  2. Check that your group’s page is also up to date with past report links for historical record-keeping, and
  3. Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.

If you have any questions or need any further guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Kindest regards -- DNdubane (WMF) (talk) 19:11, 29 November 2017 (UTC)

Hi @DNdubane (WMF):, thanks for remember us about this. I added the report to the page. I hope everything is OK with it. This time our report is for the full year. Sahaquiel9102 (talk) 16:46, 1 December 2017 (UTC)

June 21 All-Affiliates Brand Meeting[edit]

All Wikimedia affiliates are invited to join an urgent All-Affiliates Brand Meeting in two sessions on Sunday June 21, regarding the most recent developments.--Pharos (talk) 20:00, 19 June 2020 (UTC)

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 21:41, 20 August 2020 (UTC)

Sunday September 20 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Birds of a feather flock together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August SWAN meeting and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday September 20, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 01:42, 18 September 2020 (UTC)

Sunday October 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Friendship is a movement value.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the September and August SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday October 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 17:05, 20 October 2020 (UTC)

Notification of Affiliate Expiration - Renewal pending submission of reporting[edit]

Greetings 

This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization is currently past due on its required annual reporting. Wikimedia User Groups are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal.  Reports must be written in English, posted to meta via the  Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal. This page is used to track how organizations and groups are meeting reporting requirements described in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. chapter agreements, thematic organization agreements, user group agreements).  It is the central place where affiliates can add reports about their activities, share their plans, and even news or social media channels with the wider movement. When new reports are available, organizations and groups should add them to this page to keep their columns up to date.  As noted on the meta Reports page,  your organization’s 2019-20 annual reporting became past due in September.  Please be sure to :

  1. Post your 2019-20 annual reporting to the meta via the  Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal as soon as possible to return to compliance with your user group agreement. # Check that your group’s page is also up to date with past report links for historical record-keeping, and# Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.

If you have any questions or need any further guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

MKaur (WMF) (talk) 18:16, 6 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday November 29 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Take flight with us.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, and October SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including the recent proposed changes to the Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws, this month we are meeting on Sunday November 29, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although a number of places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 18:43, 24 November 2020 (UTC)

Sunday January 10 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Into the blue.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, and November SWAN meetings, and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including SWAN input on Interim Global Council and Movement Charter, this month we are meeting on Sunday January 10, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To start the exchange of ideas on the IGC early, and to help prepare before the SWAN calls, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this etherpad. If you like a more interactive way of discussing, we have also made a jamboard. Check here for more details.

--Pharos (talk) 18:34, 1 January 2021 (UTC)

Sunday February 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

We are a mosiac.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, and January SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, this month we are meeting on Sunday February 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

To help set priorities for the SWAN agenda, and also to help manage which global conversations should be a focus in general, we have set up and invite everyone to participate at this SWAN priorities form.

Possible topics include Community Board seats, Interim Global Council, Strategy prioritization follow-up events, Branding, Universal Code of Conduct, Grant strategy, and WMF CEO search. That is a lot of things, which are most important to cover in our upcoming SWAN meeting?

--Pharos (talk) 18:46, 15 February 2021 (UTC)

Sunday March 21 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Community as a hand-carved gem.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, and February SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Grants relaunch and Community Board seats, this month we are meeting on Sunday March 21, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 04:08, 17 March 2021 (UTC)

Sunday April 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swanlings grow up together.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, and March SWAN meetings and June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Interim Global Council + Movement Charter, WMF Resolution about the upcoming Board elections, Community Resilience and Sustainability role in Movement Strategy coordination, Grants Strategy Relaunch, Wikimedia Enterprise / OKAPI, and WMF Executive Transition

This month we are meeting on Sunday April 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(Note that the UTC times of and are the same as before, although some places may have had daylight savings time changes since our last meeting).--Pharos (talk) 18:35, 21 April 2021 (UTC)

Sunday June 6 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan of healing.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, and April SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Movement Strategy/Events, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 6, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 20:07, 3 June 2021 (UTC)

Sunday July 25 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

The swan or the egg?

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

Following up on the August, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and June SWAN meetings, as well as last June's All-Affiliates Brand Meeting, as well as strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter + Drafting Committee, WMF Board elections, Wikimania 2021, and Grants Regional Committees.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 25, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and *Note that we have shifted the second call an hour earlier in UTC time due to popular demand and to accomodate daylight savings*.)--Pharos (talk) 14:42, 22 July 2021 (UTC)