Grupo comunitario de usuarios de Wikisource
El Grupo comunitario de usuarios de Wikisource (WCUG, por sus siglas en inglés) es un grupo de usuarios de Wikimedia para apoyar la comunidad de Wikisource y su visión tanto en línea como en el mundo real.
- Divulgación-atraer a más miembros activos a la comunidad y elevar el conocimiento de Wikisource, en colaboración con los grupos GLAM Wiki y con sus actividades tanto como sea posible
- Ayuda comunitaria-ayudar a los editores voluntarios para contribuir de manera efectiva
- Comunicación-facilitar el debate el flujo de información entre Wikisource y el movimiento de Wikimedia
- Desarrollo de software-ayudar al desarrollo de caracteristicas de MediaWiki que resuelvan las necesidades especificas de la comunidad de Wikisource
- Recaudación de fondos-recaudar fondos tanto del movimiento Wikimedia como de organizaciones asociadas y externas para gestionar sus actividades
Historia de GUW
La necesidad de una organización de apoyo para Wikisource fue clara tras la reunión de Wikimania 2012, cuando Aubrey y otros wikimedianos involucrados dibujaron un mapa de ruta para Wikisource y se preguntaron quién implementaría ese plan de trabajo a partir de entonces. Un grupo de voluntarios dedicados coordinados a nivel internacional puede conseguir mucho, e incluso si aunque no tengan el conocimiento o los recursos para hacerlo ellos mismos, pueden encontrar muchas maneras de hacer las cosas.
The "Elaborate Wikisource strategic vision" project led by Aubrey and Micru, with assistance of Tpt, continued that community building task and it proposed to create the WCUG as a long term strategy to coordinate efforts internationally, set priorities and manage funds whenever needed.
Members have been conducting Wikisource activities independently, among them we can point out to:
- Elaborate Wikisource vision, internal effort to enhance cross-language and cross-community coordination, pave the way for future developments, and establish contacts with external organizations.
- GLAM wiki boot camp: tutorial in editing Wikisource, which was entirely new to all but three people, generated a large amount of interest and led to the partial transcription of The Yellow Wall Paper.
- Wikimedia Sweden: Use of public books libraries scanners.
Cómo convertirse en miembro
Currently there are no restrictions for becoming a WCUG member, anyone that participates frequently in any local Wikisource and wants to contribute to make Wikisource a more internationally coordinated community is welcome to join the mailing list and sign up below.
Once a year the group will be promoted to the most active members of all local Wikisource communities and the accomplishments of the WCUG members will be summarized.
Regular communication will happen on the already existing wikisource mailing list:
wikisource-l (https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikisource-l). Whenever IRC meetings are needed, they will happen on #wikisource
In this initial phase, anyone can become a promoter and/or take the lead as "community liason" for their local wikisource, communicating their local Wikisource news to the international Wikisource mailing list, and importing the international news into their local community. All initiatives will be at individual level, or consensuated in the mailing list whenever needed.
As the group grows, the transition towards a thematic organization will be considered. In a possible scenario, we can set 100 members as a threshold: at this point some members will be elected as a board for a 2 years period, to either continue coordinating activities as user group or to start the transition towards incorporation.
Del dicho al hecho
In order to transforming the wishes and ideas of the WCUG members (and the Wikisource users in general) into action, the group counts on several tools:
- User involvement to accomplish tasks by themselves or to find consensus in their local community about topics brought up in the international mailing list. For important issues members will be contacted individually by the promoters.
- Coding grants (Google summer of code, Outreach Program for Women), for those projects that need development time that cannot be provided by volunteers alone.
- Wikimedia grants for those projects that need monetary support
- Calls for Action, when all the above fails or the task is too big to be handled by the WCUG members alone, the group will issue a Call for Action to the Wikimedia movement organizations.
For communication, we'd like to use the already existing
wikisource-l (https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikisource-l). As the Wikisource UG would support all Wikisource projects, we think that the list would have a major impact than a dedicated, brand-new mailing list, and the scope of the list and the group perfectly match.
Whenever IRC meetings are needed, they will happen on #wikisource
And there is also the Facebook page (Aubrey has admin rights there).
The future Wikisource Community User Group in short
- target of 30-50 core members, reaching out to 100 people plus the general public
- support possible workshops about Wikisource
- propose technical developments and implement them through several sources (Google Summer of Code, grants, etc.)
- offer an interface for the Wikisource community with other related institutions
- coordinate and support Wikisource-related projects from Wikimedia Chapters and other groups
Véase el informe de 2013 completo.
- Invitation to the User Group: On 25 July 2013, this invitation was sent to the most active members of the Wikisource communities in order to raise awareness about the existence of the effort to create an international group that would help to "get things done" and foster participation in the Wikisource mailing list. This message was sent as a one-off and users who received it will not get more personal messages unless they register in the mailing list.
- Wikisource community survey: in order to get to know what the community considers prioritary for Wikisource and its user group, everybody is invited to take this survey. The idea of the survey started on the Wikisource mailing list on Sept 19 (see initial message by Aubrey) and after a lengthy discussion and it being translated into 11 languages by volunteers, it went public on Oct 14 2013 for 2 weeks (see message). For the results see: Wikisource survey report
- Wikisource 10th anniversary proofreading contest, run by volunteers in it-ws, ca-ws and en-ws, from 24th Nov 2013. More information in this blog post.
Véase el informe 2014completo.
- WMCON '14: On 12th April User:Micru and User:Aubrey were at Wikimedia Conference 2014 representing the WCUG. See report.
- Preparations for Wikimania 2014: invitation sent to all Wikisource communities to the Wikisource Meetup.
See the full 2015 Report.
- WMCON '15: On May 16-17th User:Micru and User:Aubrey were at Wikimedia Conference 2015 representing the WCUG. See report.
- Wikisource survey 2015: preparations for the Wikisource community survey 2015.
- Wikisource Conference 2015: see report.
See the full 2016 Report.
See the 2017 Report.
- January 2017 Hangout
- February 2017 Hangout
- March 2017 Hangout
- April 2017 Hangout (canceled)
- November 2017 Hangout
- December 2017 Hangout
See the full 2018 Report.
- Wikimania 2018: Wikisource Meetup at Wikimania
See the ongoing 2019 Report.
- Aubrey (it-ws, Wikimedia Italia) as promoter. Profile.
- Micru (ca-ws, Amical Wikimedia) as promoter. Profile.
- Tpt (fr-ws, MediaWiki (maintainer of Proofread Page))
- GorillaWarfare (en-ws)
- KRLS (ca-ws, Amical Wikimedia)
- Dominic (en-ws, GLAM Consortium)
- VIGNERON (fr-ws, br-ws, Wikimedia France)
- Jane023 (nl-ws, en-ws)
- Lankiveil (en-wp, Wikimedia Australia)
- Shizhao (zh-wp)
- Anivar Aravind (ml-ws)
- Zaran (fr-ws)
- Erasmo Barresi (it-ws)
- Rtdwivedi (mediawiki)
- Alex brollo (it-ws)
- Bellayet (bn-ws)
- Ijon (he-ws, Wikimedia Foundation)
- John Vandenberg (en-ws, Wikimedia Indonesia)
- Clockery Fairfield (en-ws)
- Blurpeace (en-wp, en-ws)
- Nonoxb (fr-wp, fr-ws as Nonox)
- Zabia (de-ws, de-wp)
- Dovi (he-ws, en-wp)
- Candalua (it-ws, vec-ws)
- Bodhi-Baum (de-ws, de-wp)
- EncycloPetey (en-ws, en-wt, wikispecies)
- Econterms (talk) (en-wp, Wikimedia DC)
- Wieralee (pl-ws)
- Isha (es-ws, Wikimedia Argentina)
- Mr impossible (en-ws, en-wp, Wikimedia UK)
- Sam Wilson (en-ws)
- Hinote (ru-ws)
- Arnd (de-ws, de-wp)
- -jkb- (cs-ws, de-wp, sourceswiki etc.)
- joergens.mi (de-ws, de-wp, commons)
- Yann (fr-ws, en-ws, sa-ws, commons)
- Romaine (nl-ws, nl-wp, Commons)
- Jayantanth (bn-ws, bn-wp, Commons)
- Jonathan Groß (de-ws, de-wp, commons)
- AdamBMorgan (en-ws, en-wp, en-voy, commons, etc)
- John Carter (en-ws primarily)
- Dick Bos (en-ws, nl-ws, en-wp, nl-wp)
- eitan (he-ws, he-wp)
- Daniel Mietchen (Commons, Wikidata and en-wp, with a growing interest in en-ws)
- DutchTreat (en-ws)
- Manojk (talk) (ml-ws)
- User:OrbiliusMagister (talk) (it-ws)
- Pradeep (new to en:ws, India)
- Nahum (talk) (he-ws)
- Bluerasberry (en-wp, en-ws)
- -revi (ko-wp, ko-ws, Commons)
- — billinghurst sDrewth (enWS, plus odds and sods)
- Weft (fr-ws, fr-wp)
- geraki (el-ws, el-wp, com, wd)
- Ankry (pl-ws, com, sourceswiki)
- Accurimbono (wikidata, it-ws, la-ws)
- Slowking4 (talk) (en-ws)
- Touzrimounir (talk) (ar-ws, Wikimedia Tunisia)
- Zdzislaw (pl-ws)
- Rachmat (ace-wp, id-ws, Wikimedia Indonesia)
- Satdeep Gill (pa-wp), (pa-ws)
- Bodhisattwa Mandal (bn-wp, commons, wikidata, bn-ws)
- Masssly (en-wp, incubator, Wikimedia Ghana UG)
- Hamed gamaoun (fr-ws, ar-ws, Wikimedia Tunisia)
- Emna Mizouni (en-ws, ar-ws, fr-ws, Wikimedia Tunisia)
- Psychoslave (talk) (en-misc, eo-misc, fr-misc, WM France)
- perigou (en-ws, ar-ws, fr-ws, Wikimedia algeria)
- KuboF (eo-ws, sk-ws, rue-ws, UG Esperanto and Free Knowledge, Wikimedia Slovakia)
- 220.127.116.11 (en-ws,de-ws)
- Subhashish Panigrahi (or-ws, or-misc, Commons)
- Omshivaprakash (kn-ws, kn-wp, kn-wq, commons)
- Leutha (talk)
- Danny B. (cs-ws, sk-ws, cs-misc, sk-misc, other projects)
- Spiritia (bg-wp, bg-ws, commons, meta, Wikimedians of Bulgaria UG)
- Balajijagadesh (talk) (ta-ws, ta-wp, ta-wiktionary)
- Mohammed Ammar (talk) (ta-wp, ta-ws)
- Mardetanha (fa-ws and other projects)
- Jamie Tubers (en-wp, yo-wp, en-ws, wikidata, commons, meta, WUGN)
- Balajijagadesh (ta-ws, wikidata and other projects
- Ah3kal (el-ws, en-ws, sourcewiki, el-misc)
- MassiveEartha (en-wp, en-ws, commons)
- MartinPoulter (en-ws)
- Hsarrazin (fr-ws, wd)
- carlojoseph14 (en-wp, tl-wp, en-ws, commons, wd)
- MJL (en-ws
- Ananth subray(kn-ws, kn-wp, kn-wq, commons, Wikidata)
- مصعب (ar-ws, ar-wp, en-wp)
- Renessaince (be-ws, be-tarask-wp)
- Jon Harald Søby (mul-ws, no-ws, wd, nb-wp, Wikimedia Norge)
- Gopala Krishna A (kn-ws, kn-wiki, commons)
- Gurlal Maan (pa-ws,pa-wp)
- Stalinjeet Brar (talk) (pa-ws,pa-wp, Wikidata, Commons, pa-wiktionary)
- B20180 (th-ws, th-wp, Thai language sister projects, etc.)
- Satpal Dandiwal (talk) (pa-ws,pa-wp, Wikidata, Commons)
- --Lokesha kunchadka (kn-ws, kn-wiki, commons)
- Ranjithsiji (ml-ws, commons)
- J ansari (hi-ws and other projects)
- Wikilover90 (pa-ws and hi-ws)
- अजीत कुमार तिवारी (hi-wp, hi-ws and bh-wp)
- अनिरुद्ध!, (hi-wp, hi-ws)
- User:HakanIST (tr-wp, wikidata, commons, tr-ws)
- Geonuch (th-ws, th-wp, Thai language sister projects)
- Viztor (zh-ws)
7Paris Cléry 10:00 Atelier Wikisource autrices