The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
- 2017-09-10 Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-07-05 Wikimedians of Chicago User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-07-05 Wikimedians of Cameroon User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-07-05 Wikimedia Community User Group Cameroon is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-07-05 Odia Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-06-28 Hindi Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-06-27 Wikipedia Library User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-05-19 Wikimedia Tool Developers Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-05-03 Wikivoyage Association is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
Η Επιτροπή Συνεργασιών (προηγουμένως γνωστή ως Επιτροπή Παραρτημάτων) είναι μια επιτροπή της κοινότητας του Wikimedia που είναι εμπεπιστευμένη να συμβουλεύει Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees για την έγκριση νέων συνεργατών του κινήματος: εθνικά ή υποεθνικά παραρτήματα, θεματικές οργανώσεις και ομάδες χρηστών.
The Committee was created on January 15, 2006, by a resolution of the Board of Trustees, along with several other Wikimedia committees. Its original mandate included coordination of the development of Wikimedia chapters—which at the time were at an early stage of organisation—, as well as facilitating communication among the chapters and between chapters and the Wikimedia Foundation.
In 2012, following a community discussion and a resulting Board of Trustees' resolution, the scope of the Committee was expanded to include thematic organisations and user groups. In accordance with the resolution, the Committee drafted its charter which was officially approved by the Board in August, finalising the transition into the Affiliations Committee.
The Affiliations Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the recognition, approval and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates, and for facilitating the creation of those organisations. In other words, the Committee helps Wikimedians from all around the world self-organise into chapters, thematic organisations and user groups, and to gain official recognition from the Wikimedia Foundation.
We can guide you through the founding process of your organisation by helping you to prepare bylaws, answering questions about what the Foundation expects from an affiliate, providing help and advice on solving common technical, trademark, administrative and community-building issues, and—if appropriate—by approving limited financial support for starting up your activities (such as covering the costs of registration and running initial projects).
If you're interested in getting in touch with local efforts in your area, feel free to contact us using any of the methods listed below, and we'll be happy to put you in contact with the right people.
- For further information, see Affiliations Committee/Members.
The Affiliates Committee comprises volunteers selected for their enthusiasm and their skills in community organising, cross-cultural communication, reviewing bylaws, and providing governance advice for emerging organisations. There are currently ten voting members with terms of two years each; the terms are arranged so that half of the seats are up for election every year.
Voting members of the Committee are helped by an unspecified number of non-voting advisers, either appointed by the Board of Trustees (known as Board liaisons) or by the Committee itself. Advisers provide the Committee with on-the-ground experience, language skills, and governance advice, and are able to take part in discussions on an internal wiki and a non-public mailing list.
Certain Wikimedia Foundation staff members are also actively present on the Affiliations Committee's non-public mailing list and internal wiki acting as liaisons and providing insight and advice when needed. They are not formal members of the committee, and are present at the request of the Wikimedia Foundation and with permission from voting members of the committee.
If you'd like to be a voting member of the Committee, please leave a note on the talk page, and you'll be notified when seats become available. The next selection is scheduled for the end of 2015, with new members joining the Committee in early 2016. New members and advisers may be added mid-term, as well.
|Member||Languages||Location (time zone)||Term end||Role|
|Carlos Colina||es-N, en-5, lad-4, pt-4, de-3, he-3, ca-2, guc-2, af-2, it-2||Israel, Asia (UTC+2/UTC+3)||December 31, 2017||Vice-Chair|
|Kirill Lokshin||en-N, ru-N, fr-1||United States, North America (UTC-5/UTC-4)||December 31, 2018||Chair|
|Emna Mizouni||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, es-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2017|
|Tanweer Morshed||bn-N, en-4, de-1||Bangladesh, Asia (UTC+6)||December 31, 2017|
|Salvador Alcántar Morán||es-N, en-3, de-2||Mexico, North America (UTC-6)||December 31, 2017|
|Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight||en-N, es-3, fr-2, sr-2||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||December 31, 2017||Secretary|
|Galileo Vidoni||es-N, en-3, fr-2, it-2, pt-1||Argentina, South America (UTC-3)||December 31, 2017|
|Satdeep Gill||pa-N, en-4, pnb-4, hi-3, ur-3, fr-2, es-2, fa-1||Patiala, India (+5.5)||December 31, 2018||Treasurer|
|Camelia Boban||ro-N, it-4, en-2, fr-1||Rome, Italy (UTC+1)||December 31, 2018|
|Adviser||Languages||Location (time zone)||Term end||Extra|
|Bence Damokos||hu-N, en-3, hr-2, et-1, it-1, sr-1||Hungary, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||December 31, 2016|
|Anasuya Sengupta||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)|
|Patricio Lorente||Argentina (UTC-3)|
|Ting Chen||Germany (UTC+2)|
|Maria Sefidari||es-N, en-4, fr-3, pt-1, it-1||Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||Board Liaison|
|Natalia Tymkiv||uk-N, en-4, ru-4||Ukraine, Europe (UTC+2/UTC+3)||Board Liaison|
|Jaime Anstee||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Lead)|
|Edward Galvez||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Charles Roslof||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Stephen LaPorte||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Winifred Olliff||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff observer|
|Delphine Ménard||fr-N, en-4, de-3, es-2, it-2||Germany, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||—||Staff observer|
- The best way to contact the Committee is to write an e-mail to affcomlists.wikimedia.org; please note that the Committee might be sometimes slow in responding to e-mails, so if you don't receive a reply to your message in a reasonable time, just send us a reminder.
- Μπορείτε να ακολουθήσετε ή να στείλετε tweet στην Επιτροπή στο Twitter:
- You can also contact the members of the Committee individually by clicking on their usernames in the timeline above; feel free to use our talk pages and e-mails for any questions related to chapters, thematical organisations or user groups.
- Sporadically, members of the Committee idle on the #wikimedia-affcom IRC channel on Freenode; however, contacting us on the mailing list would almost always be a better choice.