The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
- 2020-01-28 Mehman Ibragimov has been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new member, in addition, four incumbent members Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight, Sami Mlouhi, Olaniyan Shola and Émna Mizouni have been re-appointed for an additional term.
- 2019-11-04 Mehman Ibragimov, Jorid Martinsen, and Ilario Valdelli join the Affiliations Committee as non-voting advisors.
- 2019-10-30 The Wikimedians of Mali User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2019-10-30 The Wikipedians of North Caucasus User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2019-10-15 Wikimedia Community User Group Haiti has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2019-10-04 The North-West Russia Wiki-Historians User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2019-09-25 The Wikimedia Stewards User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2019-09-25 The Wikimedians of Saint Petersburg User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
The Affiliates Committee comprises volunteers selected for their enthusiasm and their skills in community organising, cross-cultural communication, reviewing bylaws, and providing governance advice for emerging organisations. There are currently ten voting members with terms of two years each; the terms are arranged so that half of the seats are up for election every year.
Voting members of the Committee are helped by an unspecified number of non-voting advisers, either appointed by the Board of Trustees (known as Board liaisons) or by the Committee itself. Advisers provide the Committee with on-the-ground experience, language skills, and governance advice, and are able to take part in discussions on an internal wiki and a non-public mailing list.
Certain Wikimedia Foundation staff members are also actively present on the Affiliations Committee's non-public mailing list and internal wiki acting as liaisons and providing insight and advice when needed. They are not formal members of the committee, and are present at the request of the Wikimedia Foundation and with permission from voting members of the committee.
If you'd like to be a voting member of the Committee, please leave a note on the talk page, and you'll be notified when seats become available. The next selection is scheduled for the end of 2019, with new members joining the Committee in early 2020. New members and advisers may be added mid-term, as well.
|Mehman Ibragimov||ka-N, tr-N, ru-N, az-N, en-3||Georgia, Eastern Europe (UTC+4)||December 31, 2021|
|Emna Mizouni||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, es-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021||副主席|
|Sami Mlouhi||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, it-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021||秘書|
|Camelia Boban||ro-N, it-4, en-2, fr-1||Rome, Italy (UTC+1)||December 31, 2020||財務秘書|
|Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight||en-N, es-3, fr-2, sr-2||California, United States (UTC-8/UTC-7)||December 31, 2021||Chair|
|Olushola Olaniyan||en-4, yo-N||Lagos, Nigeria (UTC+1)||December 31, 2021|
|Reda Kerbouche||ru-N, arq-N, shy-N, ar-4, fr-4, en-3||St Petersburg, Russia (UTC+3)||December 31, 2020|
|Manavpreet Kaur||pa-N, en-4, hi-3, fr-2||Punjab, India, Asia (UTC+5:30)||December 31, 2020|
|Jorid Martinsen||September 30, 2021|
|Ilario Valdelli||September 30, 2021|
|Anasuya Sengupta||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||December 31, 2018|
|Patricio Lorente||Argentina (UTC-3)||December 31, 2018|
|Ting Chen||Germany (UTC+2)||December 31, 2018|
|Maria Sefidari||es-N, en-4, fr-3, pt-1, it-1||Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||Board Liaison|
|Esra'a Al Shafei||Board Liaison|
|Jaime Anstee||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Dumisani Ndubane||ts-N, en-4||South Africa (UTC+2)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Kalliope Tsouroupidou||en-N, el-N, pl-3, es-1||Greece (UTC +2)||—||Staff Liaison (Trust & Safety)|
|Charles Roslof||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Stephen LaPorte||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Delphine Ménard||fr-N, en-4, de-3, es-2, it-2||Germany, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||—||Staff observer|