The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
- 2017-02-16 Wikimedians of Erzyan Language User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-02-16 Karavali Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-02-21 Wikimedians of Lëtzebuerg User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-02-28 West Bengal Wikimedians User Groups is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-02-28 Wikimaps User Groups is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2017-01-16 The Affiliations Committee appointed three new members for the 2017-2018 term.
- 2016-12-18 The Affiliations Committee announced call for membership for 2017-18 term.
- 2016-11-7 WikiDonne User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2016-11-7 WikiConference North America User Group is recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
The Affiliates Committee comprises volunteers selected for their enthusiasm and their skills in community organising, cross-cultural communication, reviewing bylaws, and providing governance advice for emerging organisations. There are currently ten voting members with terms of two years each; the terms are arranged so that half of the seats are up for election every year.
Voting members of the Committee are helped by an unspecified number of non-voting advisers, either appointed by the Board of Trustees (known as Board liaisons) or by the Committee itself. Advisers provide the Committee with on-the-ground experience, language skills, and governance advice, and are able to take part in discussions on an internal wiki and a non-public mailing list.
Certain Wikimedia Foundation staff members are also actively present on the Affiliations Committee's non-public mailing list and internal wiki acting as liaisons and providing insight and advice when needed. They are not formal members of the committee, and are present at the request of the Wikimedia Foundation and with permission from voting members of the committee.
If you'd like to be a voting member of the Committee, please leave a note on the talk page, and you'll be notified when seats become available. The next selection is scheduled for the end of 2015, with new members joining the Committee in early 2016. New members and advisers may be added mid-term, as well.
|Carlos Colina||es-N, en-5, lad-4, pt-4, de-3, he-3, ca-2, guc-2, af-2, it-2||Israel, Asia (UTC+2/UTC+3)||December 31, 2017||Vice-Chair|
|Kirill Lokshin||en-N, ru-N, fr-1||United States, North America (UTC-5/UTC-4)||December 31, 2018||Chair|
|Emna Mizouni||ar-N, en-3, fr-3, es-1||Tunisia, Africa (UTC+1)||December 31, 2017|
|Tanweer Morshed||bn-N, en-4, de-1||Bangladesh, Asia (UTC+6)||December 31, 2017|
|Salvador Alcántar Morán||es-N, en-3, de-2||Mexico, North America (UTC-6)||December 31, 2017|
|Rosie Stephenson-Goodknight||en-N, es-3, fr-2, sr-2||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||December 31, 2017||Secretary|
|Galileo Vidoni||es-N, en-3, fr-2, it-2, pt-1||Argentina, South America (UTC-3)||December 31, 2017|
|Satdeep Gill||pa-N, en-4, pnb-4, hi-3, ur-3, fr-2, es-2, fa-1||Patiala, India (+5.5)||December 31, 2018||Treasurer|
|Camelia Boban||ro-N, it-4, en-2, fr-1||Rome, Italy (UTC+1)||December 31, 2018|
|Bence Damokos||hu-N, en-3, hr-2, et-1, it-1, sr-1||Hungary, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||December 31, 2016|
|Maria Sefidari||es-N, en-4, fr-3, pt-1, it-1||Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||Board Liaison|
|Natalia Tymkiv||uk-N, en-4, ru-4||Ukraine, Europe (UTC+2/UTC+3)||Board Liaison|
|Jaime Anstee||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Lead)|
|Edward Galvez||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison|
|Charles Roslof||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Stephen LaPorte||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff Liaison (Legal)|
|Winifred Olliff||—||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||—||Staff observer|
|Delphine Ménard||—||Germany, Europe (UTC+1/UTC+2)||—||Staff observer|