The Affiliations Committee advises and makes recommendations regarding the recognition and existence of Wikimedia movement affiliates.
- 2023-04-08 Tajik Wikimedians User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2023-04-08 Wikimedia Community User Group Togo has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2023-04-08 Wikimedians of Indiana User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2023-03-27 Wiki Advocates Philippines User Group has been recognized as a user group for a one-year renewable period.
- 2023-01-29 The Board of Trustees' Community Affairs Committee voted for Lorenzo Losa to be an additional AffCom liaision for the Board.
- 2022-12-07 The Board of Trustees has adopted the revised charter for the Affiliations Committee.
- 2022-11-30 The term of the serving AffCom members was prolonged to the end of 2023, and as per the decision of the Board of Trustees, and no elections are held in late 2022. The Board has invited AffCom to work on Affiliate Strategy.
- 2022-08-03 The Tyap Wikimedians Proposed User Group was recognized as a Wikimedia affiliated usergroup.
- 2022-07-11 AffCom published their standing on hubs and the role the Commitee can take in developing these new Wikimedia structures.
- 2022-07-08 The Women in Religion User Group was recognized as a Wikimedia affiliated usergroup.
- 2022-04-09 Joy Agyepong and Benoît Prieur have been appointed to the Affiliations Committee as new members. In addition, incumbent member Mehman Ibragimov has been re-appointed for an additional term.
- 2022-01-14 The Affiliations Committee has officially appointed Camelia Boban as Chair, Jeffrey Keefer as Vice-Chair, Houcemeddine Turki as Secretary, and Suyash Dwivedi as Treasurer, for a one-year term.
The Affiliates Committee comprises volunteers selected for their enthusiasm and their skills in community organising, cross-cultural communication, reviewing bylaws, and providing governance advice for emerging organisations. There are currently ten voting members with terms of two years each; the terms are arranged so that half of the seats are up for election every year.
Voting members of the Committee are helped by an unspecified number of non-voting advisers, either appointed by the Board of Trustees (known as Board liaisons) or by the Committee itself. Advisers provide the Committee with on-the-ground experience, language skills, and governance advice, and are able to take part in discussions on an internal wiki and a non-public mailing list.
Certain Wikimedia Foundation staff members are also actively present on the Affiliations Committee's non-public mailing list and internal wiki acting as liaisons and providing insight and advice when needed. They are not formal members of the committee, and are present at the request of the Wikimedia Foundation and with permission from voting members of the committee.
If you'd like to be a voting member of the Committee, please leave a note on the talk page, and you'll be notified when seats become available. The last elections took place at the end of 2023, with new members joining the Committee in January 2024. The next selection is scheduled for the end of 2024, with new members joining the Committee in January 2025.
|№||Photo||Name||Languages||Location (time zone)||Term ends||Role|
|1||Jeffrey Keefer||en-N, fr-2||United States, North America (UTC-4/UTC-5)||December 31, 2023||主席|
|2||Mehman Ibragimov||ka-N, ru-N, tr-N, az-N, en-3||Georgia, Eastern Europe (UTC+4)||December 31, 2023||秘書; 副主席|
|3||Suyash Dwivedi||hi-N, en-3, sa-2||India, South Asia (UTC+05:30)||December 31, 2023||財務秘書; 副主席|
|4||Başak Tosun||tr-N, en-5||Turkey, Eastern Europe (UTC+3)||June 30, 2024|
|5||Joy N. Y Agyepong||en-N, tw-N, ak-N||Ghana, Africa||June 30, 2024|
|6||Wojciech Pędzich||pl-N, en-4||Poland, Europe (UTC+1)||December 31, 2023|
|7||Maor Malul||es, en-5, lad-4, pt-4, de-3, he-3, ca-3, af-2, guc-2, tr-2||Israel, Western Asia (UTC+2)||December 31, 2024|
|8||Aleksey Chalabyan||hy-N, ru-N, en-3||Armenia, Eastern Europe (UTC+4)||December 31, 2024|
None at the moment.
|Liaison||Languages||Location (time zone)||Term end||Notes|
|Mike Peel||en-N, es-2, pt-1, fr-1||Europe (UTC+1)||—|
|№||Photo||Name||Languages||Location (time zone)||Role|
|1||Dumisani Ndubane||ts-N, en-4||South Africa (UTC+2)|
|2||Manavpreet Kaur||pa-N, en-4, hi-3, fr-2||Punjab, India, Asia (UTC+5:30)|
|3||Nahid Sultan||bn-N, en-3, bpy-1.05, hif-1, as-1||Bangladesh, South Asia (UTC +6)||Trust & Safety|
|4||Charles Roslof||en-N||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||Legal|
|5||Stephen LaPorte||en-N||United States, North America (UTC-8/UTC-7)||Legal|
- 您也可以安排與委員會成員電話聯絡（可透過Skype或Google Hangouts）。