Wikimania 2016 bids/Esino Lario/Organization
The organization of Wikimania in Esino Lario presents a specific complexity. For this reason we have been working on a executive plan in collaboration and with a strong involvement of the local community, institutions, operators and experts in specific fields. The executive plan is guarantees that all the different challenges are addressed and managed, and that the proposal is ready to be implemented.
The fundamental principles by which Wikimania Esino Lario operates can be summarized in five "pillars":
- Collaboration. The team is one team, which includes all the people involved, who are already wikimedians or not. The edit button exists also offline, and wikimedians are all the people who want to modify things to share their knowledge and to support the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual, educational content. We include all the project contributors in the organizing team, we credit work, we design a program meant for different kind of participants, we include in a transversal way the interests and needs of different people, we make sure participants are in the best conditions to obtain a visa, we select for scholarships dedicated members which need economic support to participate (through a transparent process which provides full - really full - or partial scholarships, according to the needs), and we plan an inclusive and collaborative event.
- Scalability. We are not planning one event, we are planning a format which can be replicated in other places. We document what we are doing and how we do it, we produce guidelines for the future and to involve people who can contribute further to other events; we look for solutions which can be relevant for other contexts.
- What already exists. Priority is given to local suppliers and to tap on existing resources. We look at previous experiences and we build on it.
- What can last. Priority is given to invest in what lasts beyond the event. We reduce to the minimum all the expenses related to the ephemeral and we invest time, energy and budget in what is useful and relevant beyond the event.
- Experimenting and having fun. We gather for the pleasure of it.
Wikimania Esino Lario is a conference promoted by Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH in partnership with Esino Lario city council, Ecomuseo delle Grigne, Pro Loco Esino Lario, Parco Regionale della Grigna Settentionale and the Esino Lario local associations and community. Please refer to the support of institutions. Wikimania Esino Lario team is composed mainly of volunteers, it will have a specific staff and it will be implemented also with the support of some of the staff of Wikimedia Italia and Wikimedia CH.
Gogo (Carlo Maglia) managing and photographing the volunteers - with a school internship
Check in the morning of the volunteers - with a school internship
Catherine de Senarclens
The registration team (with Jimmy Wales)
The registration team (with others)
Pietro Pensa mayor of Esino Lario.
Alpini and Protezione Civile
Team at the Primary School.
The group promoting Wikimania Esino Lario is composed by volunteers. We also had the support of the project manager Giulia Sepe at the beginning of 2014, managed and financed by Wikimedia Italia. The majority of the people involved in Wikimania Esino Lario are volunteers and the event is led by volunteers.
Kinds of volunteers
- Promoters group. The promoters group is composed of wikimedians, and other volunteers. We have involved in the team a series of people who have the specific skills to help us in the planning and who can advice with their expertise. Among the team there are volunteers with experience in attending Wikimania and engaged in the Wikimedia movement, there are representatives of associations of Esino Lario and people managing the buildings we will be using, two former mayors of Esino Lario, an engineer with an expertise in infrastructures and safety (the Italian regulation is pretty precise and complex), and – just to provide some examples – an expert in ICT for development with experience in connectivity in rural areas of Sierra Leone in Sub-Saharian Africa, other experts in ICT (servers, hardware, systems), an expert in audio systems, experts in art, cultural events and tourism, a consultant for catering who will be working for our event as food curator. We are also benefitting from the advice of a large group of people: we have informed and met representatives of public administrations at a provincial and regional level, we received a lot of help from the staff of the Esino Lario city council providing us with information and the urban plans to update OpenSteetMap, we received advice from the executive director of the Comunità Montana della Valsassina, Valvarrone, Val d'Esino e Riviera and really a large number of people in Esino Lario has not only supported us by confirming apartments and private meeting rooms but also by suggesting solutions, spaces and contacts. Really a long list of people we need to thank and we hope we can work with further. At the moment people met in Esino Lario during site-visits, meetings and presentations, we have a mailing list in Italian created by Wikimedia Italia and we exchanged by email; for the implementation of the project we will organize the group of promoter in smaller teams to allow people to collaborate and exchange more closely.
- Volunteers during the event. During the event we expect 300 volunteers to contribute to Wikimania Esino Lario
- 100-150 volunteers based in Esino Lario.
- 100 wikimedians mainly from Italy and Switzerland and some international volunteers involved in particular in the program.
- 50-100 volunteers from Italy not necessarily linked to Wikimedia (i.e. volunteers recruited in local high schools and universities).
- Volunteer service (before-after the event). We are browsing the possibility of supporting further the involvement of volunteers by creating links with existing volunteer programs (essentially Italian and European). We have contacted two youth organizations who have experience in this field; we don't have jet a conformation of their involvement. Existing volunteer programs can allow us to involve volunteers longer than during the event. this would be an interesting option to have some people contributing to the preparation of the event; we already have accommodation which can be used to host them.
We expect the management of the project to require the involvement of some staff; staff can guarantee continuity and it can take care of a more regular work which will be needed before the event (coordination, management of the participants and administrative work). Another task which might require support from staff is transport management. At an early stage of the planning, we expected a series of tasks to require staff; during the planning process we have produced an executive project, we have involved a series of partners and we have started and tested the collaboration with a group of volunteers; some of the tasks we expected to need staff appear to be manageable by volunteers or partners.
At the moment we already benefit from the involvement of some staff of the partner institutions (in-kind contribution):
- Wikimedia Italia staff. Through partnerships we have already secured the contribution of Wikimedia Italia for the communication of the event (newsletter and other media used by Wikimedia Italia) and during the conference (on-site registration with 3 people for 7 days); this contribution is in-kind (it involves staff already collaborating with Wikimedia Italia). We are discussing with Wikimedia Italia board the possibility of increasing the contribution of their staff with a co-funding from a grantmaker.
- Wikimedia CH staff. We have asked Wikimedia CH an in-kind contribution of 4 staff members to work with us during the event; Wikimedia CH can also contribute to facilitate the visa process for specific countries.
- Esino Lario city council. We can benefit for Wikimania Esino Lario of the collaboration of two people involved in the Esino Lario tourist office as in-kind contribution, and the staff of the city council has already supported us during the planning process. Another interesting asset of the collaboration with the city council is the possibility to extend the collaboration with some of their suppliers.
- Wikimedia Foundation. If selected Wikimania Esino Lario can take the advantage of having the involvement and support of the event coordinator of Wikimedia Foundation.
We have requested an estimated cost to an event company for the management of the transports (5'000 euro + VAT) and the coordination of the event (20'000 euro + VAT). We include in the budget a general amount for staff.
Biographies of the team
|Please find below the team involved in Wikimania Esino Lario bid. For a portrait of the current Wikimania Esino Lario team please refer to Organization on wikimania2016 website.|
|Image||Name||Last name||Involvement||Based||Skills / biography||Wikimania experience||Team||Contacts|
|Charles||Andrés||Switzerland, Neuchâtel||Staff Wikimedia CH||--- Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London.||Program, co-general coordinator|
|Andyrom75||Andyrom75||Volunteer||Italy, Florence area||Member of Wikimedia Italia, very active on wikivoyage in Italian.||Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Documentation, wikivoyage||User:Andyrom75|
|Ilenia||Atzori||Volunteer||Italy, Sardinia||Active member of Wikimedia Italia. Involved in Wiki Loves Monuments. Bachelor in Operator for cultural tourism and experience as a tourist guide. [it], [en].||Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong.||Program, wikiexcursions.|
|Fabio||Baioni||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area||Active member of Wikimedia Italia. Work in ICT and he has experience in||Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Technical, equipment||User:Fabexplosive|
|Piercarlo||Barindelli||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Member of associations and groups in Esino Lario (Soccorso Val d'Esino, Esino 2000, CAI). Works in a studio of an architect.||/||Location|
|Domenico||Berardinelli||Volunteer||Barcellona, Spain||Experience in designing and coordinating public programmes both for cultural and educational organizations. In addition, works in the sector of communication 2.0, specifically dealing with social media management for arts & design. [it], [en], [es].||/||Program, special events, art curator.|
|Elvezia||Bertarini||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Teacher at Esino Lario primary school; involvement in off school activities and workshops.||/||Location|
|Tecla||Bertarini||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Student in Natural Sciences (Master), collaboration with the city council of Esino Lario (tourist office) and Comunità Montana della Valsassina, Valvarrone, Val d'Esino e Riviera (excursions, activities for children, workshops). [it], [en].||/||Location|
|Roberta||Bonetti||Volunteer||Italy, Florence area||Anthropologist, Ph.D. with a specialization in education and intercultural learning. Professor in Bologna and Bolzano, cofounder and board member of the Italian society of applied anthropology (SIAA Società Italiana di Antropologia Applicata), and member of the scientific committee of the association Associazione Mani Altri Sguardi. [it], [en], [fr].||/||Evaluation||CV in Italian|
|Carlo||Borgia||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Former member of Esino Lario city council, hear of tourism and coordinator of the program of events in Esino Lario.||/||Location|
|Niccolò||Caranti||Volunteer||Italy||Photographer and active member of Wikimedia Italia. [it], [en].||Wikimania 2011 Haifa, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong.||Documentation, Photos of the event.||user:Jaqen|
|Mauro||Cassina||Volunteer||Switzerland, Ticino||Wikimedia CH board member. Wikimedian, wikipedian and photographer. He has worked in the field of events and catering and he currently works in the field of renewable and alternative energy.||Documentation, Photos of the event.||User:Cassinam|
|Marco||Chemello||Volunteer||Italy, Vicenza area||Architect with experience in working in innovative projects involving both communication and technology. Co-promoter the Festival delle libertà digitali (Festival of digital freedom). Active member of Wikimedia Italia.||/||Program, chair of the sessions||user:Marcok|
|Lorenzo||Colombo||Volunteer||Italy, Lecco||Press office of a large company. He has a house in Esino Lario.||/||Communication, chair|
|Cristian||Consonni||Volunteer||Italy, Trento and Milan area||Wikimedia Italia board member - treasurer, wikipedian, wikimedian. Researcher at the Bruno Kessler Foundation. [it], [en], [fr]||Wikimania 2010 Gdansk, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London.||Wikimedia Italia board||User:CristianCantoro|
|Roberto||Corda||Volunteer||Italy, Milan||Wikipedian and wikimedian. Works in ICT.||Wikimania 2005 Frankfurt.|
|Ornella||Costanzo||Volunteer||Italy, Turin area||Project and content manager in the field of culture and video, with experience in multimedia museum design, production of documentaries, audience and crossmedia design. Executive Producer at Studio Azzurro Produzioni s.r.l.||/||Program, special events, art curator.||[it.linkedin.com/pub/ornella-costanzo/a/aa9/b50 linkedin]|
|Dario||Crespi||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area||Active member of Wikimedia Italia. Involved in Wiki Loves Monuments, Archeowiki and BustopediA. Wikipedian and OSM user. [it], [en].||Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Open Street Map||User:Yiyi|
|Bishakha||Datta||Volunteer||Wikimedia, former board member of Wikimedia Foundation||--- Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London.||Program, focus on gender|
|Elisa||Dell'Era||Volunteer||Italy, Esino / Lecco||Former member of Esino Lario city council. University degree in economics, she has been working for several years in event planning on Lake Como. She has also experience in managing a 1'000 participants conference.||/||Location|
|Giovanni||Dell'Era||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Former major of Esino Lario. Quantitative surveyor (geometra) and municipal engineer (tecnico comunale).||/||Location, chair|
|Simona||Dell'Era||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||[it], [en].||/||Location|
|Shani||Evenstein||Volunteer||Israel||Involved in Wikimedia outreach projects related to GLAM-Wiki & Edu-Wiki.Teaching experience. Works at Tel-Aviv University [TAU], at the Sackler School of Medicine.||Wikimania 2011 Haifa - attendee; Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, - speaker; Wikimania 2014 London - speaker.||Program, focus on GLAM||User:Esh77|
|Tommaso||Fara||Volunteer||Italy, Milan||Consultant and collaborator for an organization of of catering; he is specialized in proposing menus, organizing thematic lunches and dinners, and experimenting new recopies and traditional and innovative cooking techniques. He is the author of radio programs about cuisine and of the books “Il cucchiaino caramellato” (DeAgostini, 2005), “La cucina a impatto [quasi] zero” (in collaboration with Lisa Casali, Edizioni Gribaudo, 2010) and “Diversamente cotto: Metodi di cottura e strumenti tra tradizione e innovazione” (Edizioni Gribaudo, 2012); he is the curator of eight volumes on Italian cuisine for DeAgostini (2007-2008). He also works as restorer of antiquities.||/||Location, food curator|
|Susanna||Giaccai||volunteer||Italy, Firenze||Wikimedia Italia member. Librarian.||/||Program||User:Giaccai|
|Isla||Haddow||Volunteer||South Africa, Cape Town||Project manager WikiAfrica, board member Wikimedia ZA [en].||Wikimania 2011 Haifa, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London.||Program||User:Islahaddow|
|Michele||Lavazza||Volunteer||Italy, Milan||Wikipedian, wikimedian. Student in philosophy. [it], [en], [fr].||Wikimania 2014 London.||Program||MLWatts|
||Attended 2010 and 2011 kickstarting a renewed Italian delegation; into Wikimania discussions since then; watched since 2007.||Scholarship working group, chair||User:Nemo_bis|
|Lorenzo||Losa||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area and Pisa||Former Wikimedia Italia board member, wikipedian, wikimedian.||Wikimania 2011 Haifa, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Wikimedia Italia board||User:Laurentius|
|Ester||Maglia||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Manages Esino Lario tourist office and she is involved with Pro Loco in the organization of events. Student in pharmacy.||/||Location|
|Luca||Martinelli||Volunteer||Italy, Rome area||Wikimedia Italia board member.||Wikimania 2011 Haifa, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Evaluation, chair||user:sannita|
|Lara||Marziali||Volunteer||Italy, Bologna||Wikimedian and wikipedian||Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Social network||User:.laramar.|
|Francesca||Milano||Volunteer||Italy, Lecco||Student in communication||/||Communication|
|Giusy||Nasazzi||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Teacher in Esino Lario Kindergarten.||/||Location|
|Nicola||Nasazzi||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Former member of Esino Lario city council.||/||Location|
|Serena||Nasazzi||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Treasurer of the association Pro Loco in Esino Lario. She has been organizing and managing events in Esino.||/||Location|
|Giuditta||Nelli||Volunteer||Italy, Genova area||Artist.||/||Program, special events|
|Alberto||Nogara||Volunteer||Italy, Taceno||Architect, former architect for Comunità Montana Valsassina Valvarrone Val d'Esino e Riviera, competence and experience on the territory and public administrations.||/||Location|
|Giammario||Ortelli||Volunteer||Italy, Esino Lario||Former Esino Lario city council, vice-mayor.||/||Location|
|Roberto||Paci Dalò||Volunteer||Italy, Rimini||Artist, composer, director and activist. A pioneer in the use of digital technologies and telecommunication systems in art, his works have been presented worldwide in the major theatres, festivals, museums. Recipient of the Premio Napoli 2015 and the Berliner Künstlerprogramm des DAAD fellowship. He teaches Interaction Design at UNIRSM / IUAV Venice.||/||Artistic direction, documentation, technical and special events||Roberto Paci Dalò|
|Iolanda||Pensa||Volunteer||Italy, Milan / Esino||Experience in directing and managing international projects, and in fundraising, research and communication. Interdisciplinary academic studies (university degree in medieval art history, thesis in contemporary art, Ph.D. in anthropology and territorial government and planning). Experience in problem-solving, international youth exchanges and social work. Coordinator of the Ecomuseo delle Grigne. Wikipedian and wikimedian, volunteer in Esino Lario. [it], [en], [fr].||Wikimania 2011 Haifa, Wikimania 2012 Washington DC, Wikimania 2013 Hong Kong, Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Promoter||iopensa|
|Carlo Maria Pensa||Pensa||Volunteer||Italy, Lake Como / Esino||Engineer and businessman. As a volunteer - among other activities - mayor of Esino Lario for 10 years, involved in the Comunità montana, president of Associazione Amici del Museo delle Grigne. Deep knowledge of the territory.||/||Location and promoter|
|Pietro||Pensa||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area / Esino||Architect and engineer. He is specialized in safety and security issues. He is one of the professional experts in-charge of safety and security for Expo Milan 2015 buildings.||/||Location, security and infrastructural upgrades|||
|Alberto||Pinto||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area / Switzerland, Ticino||Expertise in sound and acoustics (BS-MS in pure mathematics, MS in applied physics focusing on digital signal processing perceptual audio coding and music information and Ph.D. in computer science at the University of Milan and visiting scholar at the Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics at Stanford University; he is the director of the CESMA, a European Centre for Studies in Music and Acoustics based in Lugano). He is also plays the organ (conservatory of Milan, Haute Ecole de Musique de Genève, organist of San Bartolomeo church in Milan, Prize of the National Organ Competition of Viterbo - CariVit and the "Pierre Segond" Prize - City of Geneva)||/||Technical, sound|||
|Vincent||Plisson||Volunteer||France / UK / South Africa||Graphic designer. He has been working in Great Britain, France and South Africa.||/||Communication|||
|Remulazz||Remulazz||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area||Wikipedian.||/||Documentation, geography||User:Remulazz|
|Simone||Sala||Volunteer||Italy, Milan; Switzerland, Lugano||9-year experience in a wide range of cross-sectorial applications of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for Sustainable Development in emerging regions. Proven ability to design and deliver tailored ICT-related projects and programmes to both non-governmental organizations and governmental institutions in Bangladesh, Bolivia, Ghana, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Senegal, United States of America. [it], [en], [fr], [es].||Wikimania 2015 Mexico City||Technical, chair|
|Ginevra||Sanvitale||Volunteer||Italy, Bologna area / South Corea||Wikimedia Italia board member. Specific interest in gender activities and projects (in Italy and at large), collaboration in WLM communication. [it], [en], [es].||Program, general coordinator||User:Atropine|
|Catherine||de Senarclens||Volunteer||Italy, Lake Como / Esino||Experience in organizing events (school exchanges, trips of the Associazione Amici del Museo), volunteer coordinator, editor of books and excellent organizational and relational skills. Former English teacher and vice-headmaster of a linguistic high school. [it], [fr], [en], [de].||/||Location, accommodation|
|Giulia||Sepe||Wikimedia Italia staff||Italy, Milan||Project manager, experience in organizing and implement large-scale events, project manager of the Wikimedia Conference 2013 in Milan. [it], [en], [es], [fr].||/||Wikimania Esino Lario bid project manager, start-up phase December 2013 - March 2014.|
|Chiara||Somajni||Volunteer||Germany, Berlin||Independent journalist, formerly employed at Il Sole 24 Ore (major Italian financial newspaper), writing, editing, focus on culture and technology. Board member of ActionAid International. [it], [en], [de].||Participated in Wikimania 2005 Frankfurt.||Program, relationships with keynotes.|
|Francesco||Tarantini||Volunteer||Italy, Milan area||Experience in coordinating nursing and health medical services, former member of Wikimedia Italia board, member of Wikimedia Italia active on Wikipedia medical content. Former board member of Italian Red Cross volunteers of Milan committee. Nursing degree's adjunct professor at University of Milan.||Participated in the Wikimedia Conference in Milan.||Safety, coordinator nursing and health medical services and accessibility||linkedin - User:Franciaio|
|Leigh||Thelmadatter||Coordinator-Wiki Borregos Tec de Monterrey||Mexico||Language professor in Mexico's largest private university system. I have worked with Wikipedia in English-as-a-foreign-language classes since 2007. Since 2011, I have coordinated efforts to develop a Wikipedia Education program at the school with projects in classrooms, to fulfill community service requirements and organize events such as photo contests related to Mexico's culture. These efforts have been recently re-organized under the name of "Wiki Borregos" (name of school mascot), accepted by the school system but still in process to be recognized as a user group by the Foundation. [en], [es]||Wikimania 2012 Washington DC speaker.||Program, focus on education|
|Ilario||Valdelli||Wikimedia CH staff||Switzerland, Lugano||Excellent knowledge of the territory of Wikimania Esino Lario, network in Italy and Switzerland, experience of organizing and contributing to Wikimedia events, strong engagement in the movement. Community manager in Ticino Switzerland for Wikimedia CH, he also works in ICT. [it], [en], [fr].||Member of the jury of previous Wikimania. Wikimania 2014 London, Wikimania 2015 Mexico City.||Program, Wikimania Takes Lake Como, activities in Ticino Switzerland.||User:ilario, linkedin|
|Fabio||Vanin||Volunteer||Italy, Venice||Architect and urban designer, Ph.D. in Urbanism. He worked as project leader for several strategic plans in Europe (Antwerp, Gent, Gorzow, Poznan) and Africa (Nairobi), and as research assistant at TU Eindhoven and at University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. He is the co-founder of Latitude: Platform for Urban Research and Design.||/||Location||Linkedin, site|
|Fiorenzo||Viglienghi||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Former bus driver of the local company, knowledge and network of the local transport and bus companies, extensive experience in driving busses in the area (also very large vehicles)||/||Transport (local reference person)|
|Giovanni||Viglienghi||Volunteer||Italy, Esino||Entrepreneur in Esino Lario, president of the Alpini, former member of Esino Lario city council.||/||Location|
Target and communication tools
Please note that the working team is made of all people working on the organization of Wikimania, regardless of where they are based.
|People involved in Wikimania at an international level||
|Wikimedia community in Italy and like-minded organizations||
|Wikimedia community in Switzerland and like-minded organizations||
|Members of Wikimedia Italia||
|Members of Wikimedia Switzerland||
|Potential attendees from all-over the world||
|Attendees (communication before, during and after the event).||
|Media and press||
Relationships with local media are important to inform about Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, to provide people of the territory a calendar of events and presentations related to Wikipedia/Wikimedia and to involve volunteers in contributing to the Wikimedia projects and in supporting the organization of Wikimania. Local media are also essential to involve potential local sponsors: Lake Como area and Valsassina are not only touristic area, but they also have a lively industrial production and some national-size companies.
|Name||Type||Language||Level of Wikipedia-issues Coverage||Website|
|La Provincia di Lecco||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.laprovinciadilecco.it|
|Giornale di Lecco||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.giornaledilecco.it|
|La Provincia di Sondrio||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.laprovinciadisondrio.it|
|Giornale del Popolo (Ticino)||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.gdp.ch|
|Il Giornale del Ticino||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.giornaledelticino.ch|
|Il Corriere del Ticino||local newspaper||Italian||almost none||http://www.cdt.ch|
|Lago di Como - lakecomo.it||Online information website||Italian and English||almost none||http://www.lakecomo.it/en|
|Terra di laghi (Italy and Ticino)||Online information website||Italian||none||http://www.terradilaghi.com|
|Il Lago di Como Orientale (Oriental side of Lake Como)||Online information website||Italian, English, German||none||http://www.larioorientale.eu|
|VAOL.IT - Quotidiano online della Valtellina, Valchiavenna, Lago di Lecco e Como||Online information website||Italian||almost none||http://www.vaol.it/it/|
|Valsassina News||Online information website||Italian||almost none||http://www.valsassinanews.com|
National media have been already involved in the communication of Wiki Loves Monuments in Italy. Relationships with national media are important to inform the Italian bid and eventually Wikimania in Italy, to recruit volunteers in contributing to the Wikimedia projects and in supporting the organization of Wikimania, and to target national sponsors.
|Name||Type||Language||Level of Wikipedia-issues Coverage||Website|
|ANSA||Press information / news||Italian||http://www.ansa.it|
|Corriere della Sera||national newspaper||Italian|
|La Repubblica||national newspaper||Italian|
|Il Sole 24 Ore (with Nova - technological focussed paper and Cultura - cultural pages on sunday)||national newspaper||Italian|
|La Stampa||national newspaper||Italian|
|Radio 3 (cultural programmes; in particular Fahrenheit does direct recordings/interviews during events; Radio 3 Mondo)||radio||Italian||http://www.radio3.rai.it|
|Radio 2 (entertainment programs; in particular Caterpillar)||radio||Italian||http://www.radio2.rai.it|
|RSI Radio Svizzera Italiana||radio||Italian||http://www.rsi.ch/home.html|
For local and national media relationships the focus is both on Italy and Switzerland. Other international media are involved in collaboration with Wikimedia Foundation (review press kits and contact management). The relationship with international media taps on current links and contacts and it focuses on the theme of Wikimania which in Esino Lario goes green and sustainable.
|Expense||Number||Days||Cost/Unit||Total in euro||Total in dollars|
|Promotional materials||€ 5.000||$ 6.862,45|
|Participants package||1.000||€ 5||€ 5.000||$ 6.862,45|
|Total amount planned in the estimated costs||€ 10.000||$ 13.724,90|
|Currency||€ 1,00||$ 1,37|
|1. Done Organizing a pleasant and affordable conference designed for 1'000 participants.||
|2. Done Testing a new collaborative format for Wikimania.||
|3. Done Develop a sustainable Wikimania, which generates a long-term impact on the territory where it is organized (scalable experience).||
- With in-kind contribution we mean that an institution allows that a percentage or a number of days of their staff members is devoted to Wikimania Esino Lario; they do not hire new collaborators, they do not provide us funds for staff, but they involve their team.