Wikimania scholarships are administered by the Wikimedia Foundation in partnership with the Wikimania host team, with the purpose of bringing active Wikimedians from around the world to attend Wikimania.
Welcome Wikimania scholars! This page will help you understand how your scholarship works.
- 1 Scholar responsibilities
- 2 2017 WMF Wikimania Scholarships
- 3 2016 WMF Wikimania Scholarships
- 4 Reports from 2016
- 5 Past Wikimania Scholarship Programs
Scholarship recipients will receive an email from the WMF in early May '17 with details for accepting the scholarship and making travel, hotel, and conference registration arrangements. Please follow those instructions carefully!
Like other Travel and Participation Support grantees, Wikimania scholars are asked to share something that results from their participation at the conference with the Wikimedia movement after the conference has ended. This brief report is typically due 21 days after the end of the conference, and includes the scholar's choice of one of 3 options:
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally)?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
- Among other options for sharing, English Wikipedia's community newsletter, The Signpost, invites anyone to submit journalism about the conference for publication.
- Option 2: Learning Pattern: What is one useful learning pattern you can share with the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to a learning pattern - either a new pattern you created with insights from your participation, or an existing pattern to which you added your endorsement and some significant new "considerations" or “examples” from your experience.
- Option 3: New Creation: What was one useful outcome of the event for the Wikimedia movement?
- Add a link to something new that was created as a result of your participation in this event (for example, you might link to new articles, tools, or collaborations).
Ready to create your report? Use the input box below to name your page and click the button to get started.
2017 WMF Wikimania Scholarships
Congratulations to the users below who accepted a 2017 Scholarship from the WMF and were able to attend Wikimania '17!
|Username||Link to application details (self-disclosed, optional)||Link to report (compulsory after Wikimania)|
|User:Gamaliel||Report Podcast sharing my Wikimania experience|
2016 WMF Wikimania Scholarships
Congratulations to over 129 people who received 2016 Scholarships from WMF! The following users have been offered full and partial scholarships to attend Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy:
Full Scholarship Recipients
- User:Oscar .
- User:لا روسا
- User:Bojana Wiki PG
- User:Reem Al-Kashif
- User:Krish Dulal
- User:Xabier Cañas
- User:Satdeep Gill
- User:Tanweer Morshed
- User:Thamizhpparithi Maari
- User:Kiril Simeonovski
- User:Pratyya Ghosh
- User:Jnanaranjan sahu
- User:Harvinder Chandigarh
Partial Scholarship Recipients
- User:Gereon K.
- User:Mike Peel
- User:Danny B.
- User:Rich Farmbrough
- User:Adam Cuerden
Additional scholarships awarded at Community Resources program officers' discretion
Reports from 2016
- TPS/Danny B./Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/لا روسا/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Thamizhpparithi Maari/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Jeph paul/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Rich Farmbrough/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/May Hachem93/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Vini 175/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Jnanaranjan sahu/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Harvinder Chandigarh/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Xabier Cañas/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Reem Al-Kashif/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Kiril Simeonovski/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Bojana Wiki PG/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Krish Dulal/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Pratyya Ghosh/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Gereon K./Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Oscar ./Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Vitor Mazuco/Wikimania/2016/Report
- TPS/Satdeep Gill/Wikimania/2016/Report