The first Wikimedia project to use an arbitration committee was the Swedish Wikipedia.
 The English Wikipedia ArbCom was created by Jimmy Wales as an extension of the decision-making power he formerly held as CEO of site-owner Bomis Inc., to take over his role in resolving complex disputes between users.
Arbitration Committees are now used on eleven Wikipedia versions.
Conselhos de arbitragem geralmente possuem de cinco a quinze membros, os quais são conhecidos como árbitros. Os mandatos variam em duração, sendo alguns deles de até três anos.
Projetos com Conselhos de Arbitragem
Projetos da Wikipedia
|Projeto||Nome||Established||Correio eletrónico||Wiki privada||Notas|
|cs – checo||Arbitrážní výbor||2006||arbcom-cslistswikimediaorg||arbcom-cs.wikipedia.org|
|de – alemão||Schiedsgericht||2007||arbcomde-llistswikimediaorg||arbcom-de.wikipedia.org|
|en – inglês||Arbitration Committee||2004||arbcom-enwikimediaorg||arbcom-en.wikipedia.org|
|fa – persa||هیئت نظارت||2010||Âmbito limitado, essencialmente um conselho para supervisionar queixas apresentadas contra administradores|
|fi – finlandês||Välityslautakunta||2007||arbcom-fi.wikipedia.org|
|fr – francês||Comité d'arbitrage||2013||car-fr-llistswikimediaorg||No arbitrators elected in last elections. Inactive until next elections.|
|hu – húngaro||Wikitanács||2009|
|nl – neerlandês||Arbitragecommissie||2007||arbcom-nllistswikimediaorg||arbcom-nl.wikipedia.org|
|pl – polaco||Komitet Arbitrażowy||2007|
|ru – russo||Арбитражный комитет||2005||arbcom-ruwikimediaorg||arbcom-ru.wikipedia.org||New every half-a-year|
|uk – ucraniano||Арбітражний комітет||2009|
Projetos de Conselhos de Arbitragem inativos, em fase de testes ou dissolvidos
- Versões da Wikipédia
- Arabic (inactive)
- Bulgarian (there is a page on arbitration policy; an ArbCom hasn't been established yet)
- Croatian (inactive)
- Italian (page deleted).
- An ArbCom was proposed in 2006, never reached consensus.
- Spanish (dissolved April 2009)
- Korean (No arbitrators elected since December 2015, arbcom function suspended as of 18 March 2017.)
- Occitan (A setting up was proposed in 2006, an election has been planned in December 2008 but was never realized)
- Portuguese (dissolved January 2012)
- Swedish (inactive)
- Slovenian (deleted, with a redirect to Wikipedija:Mediacija). The page exists only as a framework for eventual setting up. The mediation wasn't needed so far, so the rules for the election process haven't been established yet.
- Thai (term expired in January 2016, no elections held since)
- Versões do Wikiviagem
- Wikinews versions
- Wikinotícias em inglês (established in 2006, inactive since 2021)
- Arbitration Committee/Election processes
- Arbitration Committee/Cross-wiki arbitration committee
- wikt:arbitration, wikt:committee
- Hoffman, David A.; Salil Mehra (2010). "Wikitruth Through Wikiorder". Emory Law Journal 59 (2010). SSRN 1354424.
- Wales, Jimmy (December 4, 2003). "[WikiEN-l] Wikiquette committee appointments". lists.wikimedia.org. Wikimedia Foundation. Archived from the original on June 29, 2021. Retrieved November 14, 2022.