- 1 ChapCom comments
- 2 Bahasa
- 3 Interwiki
- 4 Infobox
- 5 wmid:Digitalisasi Karya Jawa Cetak dari Koleksi Museum Tamansiswa Dewantara Kirti Griya, Yogyakarta
- 6 Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
- 7 De-Recognition of Affiliates with Long-standing Non-Compliance
- 8 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 9 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 10 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 11 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 12 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 13 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 14 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 15 Translating Ibero-America is back! Come and join us :)
- 16 Learning Quarterly: October 2017
- 17 Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
- 18 Learning Quarterly: January 2018
- 19 Share your feedback in this global Wikimedia survey
- 20 Notification of Past Due Chapter Reporting
- 21 Learning Quarterly: June 2018
- 22 Requests for new languages/Wikipedia Narom
- 23 kmaonchy
- 24 Learning Quarterly: November 2018
- 25 2018 Affiliations Committee call for candidates
- 26 New Affiliations Committee appointments
- 27 Help us make Wikipedia talk pages more accessible to more participants
- 28 Call for complementary facilitators and more to get the ASBS 2019 process started!
- 29 Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
- 30 Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- 31 Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
- 32 Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
- 33 New features for Indonesian editors on mobile
- 34 Hope all is fine with you
- 35 Re: Jawa Wikipedia
I saw your are having a meeting on the 14th to discuss the ChapCom comments. I would like to help you getting forward. We had some serious concerns on your bylaws, but we only discussed these informally. I would like you to get into a dialogue with Austin our acting chair and get his opinion and advice on how you can get forward. We have also started an internal disussion on different types of geograhpicla support groups for Wikimedia, some with much looser orgstructure than demanded from a Lcoal Chapter. These internal disussionre are far from through, and perhaps nothing will come out of it, but I see thee alternatives could be an alternative, if we get stuck on the issue of memberdriven org (which formally is not a demand from ChapCom-but a very strong recommendation). Anders Wennersten 09:45, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Anders, I met Austin and Damien in Taipei, let me know the best way to communicate, all of (planned) Wikimedia Indonesia founders are online on gmail. If you would like to have discussion on a better platform, say skype or else. Let us know. We are carrying it forward as fast as we can. Personally for me, it's better to establish it as soon as possible - it's been on and on sice 2006. Serenity.id 04:53, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
Mengapa artikel Wikimedia Indonesia di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki tidak menggunakan Bahasa Indonesia? Wikimedia negara lainnya menggunakan bahasa ibunya. Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 05:00, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Tidak ada alasan yang khusus, hanya saja, kita lebih cenderung untuk menggunakan bahasa Indonesia di situs web resmi Wikimedia Indonesia saja. :) ~REX (talk) 05:20, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, you may be interested to know that an interwiki prefix for your website has been implemented (it's shorter, you don't need plainlinks class, it doesn't have nofollow attribute etc.). --Nemo 11:56, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
If you can make it better, please do so instead of reverting edit without explanation. Bennylin 15:10, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
wmid:Digitalisasi Karya Jawa Cetak dari Koleksi Museum Tamansiswa Dewantara Kirti Griya, Yogyakarta
Interesting activity, as always. I'm a bit confused by w:Category:Books in the Dewantara Kirti Griya Museum digitized in the Karja Project: unless the books are valuable for illustration purposes, the English Wikipedia is a rather useless location, while the English or Multilingual Wikisource would be appropriate (both also have s:Template:Pd/1923). If not on Wikisource, at least upload a copy of all books on the Internet Archive; I can help with that, hopefully s:en:Help:DjVu_files#The_Internet_Archive is clear enough. Nemo 07:13, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
Dear Wikimedia Indonesia,
Hope this message finds you all well :) On behalf of Iberocoop network I want to invite you to be part of the women editing contest we are organizing along with many other chapters and user groups in the movement. You are doing an excellent work on your local context and we will be so pleased to have you on board. In this very early stage, we are asking the organizations to add their interest in the following meta page Hope to see you there soon! Hugs--Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 15:04, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
De-Recognition of Affiliates with Long-standing Non-Compliance
Recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate - a chapter, thematic organization, or user group - is a privilege that allows an independent group to officially use the Wikimedia name to further the Wikimedia mission. While most Wikimedia affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards set forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate presents a risk to the Wikimedia movement.
In the past year, the Affiliations Committee - with support from Wikimedia Foundation staff - has made a concerted effort to address a handful of chapters with long-standing issues of non-compliance. As a result, in the coming days and months, a small number of chapters that have been unable to return to compliance through their efforts in the past year will not have their chapter agreements renewed. As a consequence, these organizations will no longer have the additional rights to use the Wikimedia trademarks, including the Wikimedia name, that had been granted under those agreements.
If you have questions about what this means for community members in the affected affiliates’ region or language areas, we have put together a basic FAQ. The FAQ talk page is available for additional questions and comments, and the Affiliations Committee is happy to answer questions directly.
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
05:00, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:35, 7 April 2017 (UTC) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
19:02, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
19:25, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
21:03, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Translating Ibero-America is back! Come and join us :)
Dear Wikimedia Indonesia ,
Hope this message finds you well!
Again this year 2017 the Iberocoop network is launching the editing contest "Translating Ibero-American" aiming to position the Ibero-american culture outside our borders :)
You can find the contest page here
We hope your community can join us!
Hugs--Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 20:02, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: October 2017
L&E Newsletter / Volume 4 / Issue 14 / October 2017
Leave your mark on Meta!
New AffCom corner, plus learning patterns you can contribute to.
Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
Dear Wikimedia Indonesia!
Hope this message finds you all well :) On behalf of Iberocoop network I want to invite you to be part of the women editing contest we are organizing along with many other chapters and user groups in the movement. You are doing an excellent work on your local context and we will be so pleased to have you on board. In this very early stage, we are asking the organizations to add their interest in the following meta page Hope to see you there soon! Hugs----Anna Torres (WMAR) --Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 15:31, 25 January 2018 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: January 2018
L&E Newsletter / Volume 5 / Issue 15 / January 2018
Leave your mark on Meta!
Inspire New Readers campaign, and AffCom elections
Dear Wikimedia Affiliates,
My name is María Cruz and I work for the Wikimedia Foundation on the Learning and Evaluation team. In one week or so, the Foundation is starting a global survey to learn about the experiences and feedback of Wikimedians. I am writing here, because I wanted to share with you a bit more about the project.
The survey is called "Wikimedia Communities and Contributors" and is conducted annually. We will send the survey to editors across all the Wikimedia projects, as well as Wikimedia affiliates and volunteer developers. This survey is going to be our way of making sure that we can hear feedback from a significant number of users from across the projects. This research supports editors and Wikipedia’s mission. This is our second annual CE Insights survey, and we look forward to improving it every year.
We will be contacting 2 people from each affiliate, based on the primary contact information that we have. Each affiliate will receive an additional third link which they can distribute to any leader in their chapter or user group.
Go to the project page to see the results of last year’s survey, and to see how your feedback helps the Wikimedia Foundation support communities. You can sign up to be notified about the results of the survey, or to learn how you can help with planning the survey next year.
If you have any questions or concerns about this project, please feel free to send them to Edward Galvez's talk page on Meta-Wiki or email him directly at surveyswikimedia · org in any language. You can learn more about this project and read about frequently asked questions. You can also share your feedback on Meta-Wiki.
Thank you for your time supporting this project!
Notification of Past Due Chapter Reporting
This is a notification to bring to your attention that your organization is currently past due on its required annual reporting. Chapters and thematic organizations are required to submit 2 reports each year: an activity report and a financial statement covering all accounts and all incoming and outgoing expenses. Both reports must cover the entirety of the 12-month annual period and must be written in English, posted to meta, and linked on the meta Reports page.
This page is used to track how organizations and groups are meeting reporting requirements described in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. chapter agreements, thematic organization agreements, user group agreements). It is the central place where affiliates can add reports about their activities, share their plans, and even news or social media channels with the wider movement. When new reports are available, organizations and groups should add them to this page to keep their columns up to date.
Annual reporting is due no later than 4 months following the end of an organization's fiscal year.
As noted on the meta reports page, your organization’s 2016-2017 annual activities and financial reporting became past due in APRIL.
Please be sure to:
- Post your 2016-2017 annual activities and financial reporting to the meta Reports page as soon as possible to return to compliance with your chapter agreement.
- Check that your groups reports page listing is also up to date for historical record-keeping, and
- Please send an email to Wikimedia-l in order to share with a movement-wide audience.
If you have any questions or need any further guidance, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Learning Quarterly: June 2018
L&E Newsletter / Volume 5 / Issue 16 / June 2018
Leave your mark on Meta!
Inspire New Readers campaign, and AffCom elections
There's now a Southern Asian language that wanna have Wikimedia projects, Please help us by supporting contributions everywhere, at least by voting support here. --220.127.116.11 02:10, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, there is a very old language-code conflict for Narom. Before the current language code standard (ISO 639-3) was created, a Wikipedia in Norman was created under the language code nrm. Subsequently, that code was assigned to the Narom language under the ISO standard.
- It turns out that it's challenging for the developers to move the Norman project, so for the moment we cannot create a Wikipedia test project on Incubator under that code. Similarly, on translatewiki.net, that code is used for Norman translations, not Narom translations. In both cases, we are willing to create special codes to allow this work to go on. But it takes a lot of effort and oversight to do this, and we don't want to do it "just in case someone decides they want to create a project". Instead, we have been asking if there is anyone around really interested in doing this. So far, no one has stepped up.
- So my question/request to this group (and the Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia) is simple: Are you aware of anyone who is really interested in creating this project? If so, please direct them to the request page above. Otherwise, we will close the request on the grounds that no one is really interested in doing this. If that happens, a new request can be opened later, without prejudice, if someone becomes interested. For the Language Committee: StevenJ81 (talk) (clerk) 15:03, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: November 2018
L&E Newsletter / Volume 5 / Issue 17 / November 2018
Leave your mark on Meta!
AffCom corner and Wikimania Poster session
The Affiliations Committee – the committee responsible for guiding volunteers in establishing Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, and user groups – is looking for new members!
The main role of the Affiliations Committee is to guide groups of volunteers that are interested in forming Wikimedia affiliates. We review applications from new groups, answer questions and provide advice about the different Wikimedia affiliation models and processes, review affiliate bylaws for compliance with requirements and best practices, and advise the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees on issues connected to chapters, thematic organizations and Wikimedia user groups.
The committee can include up to fifteen members, roughly half of whom are selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. Those joining the committee during the current process will serve a two-year term ending in December 2020.
- Key skills
Being a part of the Affiliations Committee requires communication with volunteers all over the world, negotiating skills, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to understand legal texts. We look for a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members, including the following key skills and experience:
- Willingness to process applications through a set, perhaps bureaucratic process.
- Readiness to participate in political discussions on the role and future of affiliates, models of affiliation, and similar topics.
- Availability of up to 5 hours per week, and the time to participate in a monthly two-hour voice/video meeting.
- International orientation.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work and communicate with other languages and cultures.
- Strong understanding of the structure and work of affiliates and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Knowledge of different legal systems and experience in community building and organizing are a plus.
- Skills in other languages are a major plus.
- Experience with or in an active affiliate is a major plus.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration (such as evidenced skills at facilitation, mediation, negotiation, and so forth) are a major plus.
- Willingness to use one's real name in committee activities (including contacts with current and potential affiliates) when appropriate.
We are looking for people who are excited by the challenge of empowering volunteers to get organized and form communities that further our mission around the world. In exchange, committee members selected will gain the experience of supporting their world-wide colleagues to develop their communities as well as personal development in guiding organizational development, facilitating affiliate partnerships, and professional communications.
- Selection process
As a reflection of our commitment to openness, transparency, and bilateral engagement with the Wikimedia community, the 2018 member selection process will include a public review and comment period. All applications received by the committee will be posted on Meta at Affiliations Committee/Candidates/December 2018, and the community will be invited to provide comments and feedback about each candidate.
At the end of the public comment period, the applications will be voted on by the members of the committee who are not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisors, Wikimedia Foundation staff and board liaisons, and the community. A final decision will be made by mid-January 2019, with new members expected to join later that month.
- How to apply
If you are interested in joining the committee, please post your application on the nomination page and send an email announcing your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2018. Your application must include the following information:
- Your full name and Wikimedia username
- A statement describing your relevant experience, skills, and motivation for joining the committee.
- Answers to the following three questions:
- How do you think affiliates work best together to partner on effective projects and initiatives?
- What do you see as the role of affiliates in the Wikimedia movement in the next three years?
- What do you feel you will bring to the committee that makes you a uniquely qualified candidate?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me and/or the committee as a whole. We are happy to chat or have a phone call with anyone about our work if this helps them decide to apply. Please distribute this call among your networks, and do apply if you are interested!
Chair, Affiliations Committee
New Affiliations Committee appointments
AffCom is excited to share with you the news that the Wikimedia Foundation Board has unanimously approved the changes to the Bylaws during the last Board meeting on January 30, 2019.
This change allows the participation of User Groups in the Affiliate-selected Board seats (ASBS) 2019 process.
To read the Board's announcement, please click here
Help us make Wikipedia talk pages more accessible to more participants
Our team at the Wikimedia Foundation is working on a project to improve the ease-of-use and productivity of wiki talk pages. As an affiliate, I can imagine you’ve run into challenges explaining talk pages to first-time participants, or it is an consultation that would interest your members.
We want all contributors to be able to talk to each other on the wikis – to ask questions, to resolve differences, to organize projects and to make decisions. Communication is essential for the depth and quality of our content, and the health of our communities.
We're currently leading a global consultation on how to improve talk pages, and we're looking for groups that can discuss and report on their experiences using (or helping other people to use) wiki talk pages. We'd like to invite you to participate, with the user groups that you belong to. You can learn more about the consultation at Mediawiki.org and if you're interested in hosting a group discussion (on-wiki or off-wiki), you can sign up at the participant sign-up group.
If you’d like to participate or if you have any questions, please contact us and let us know. The more people participate from many horizons, the better the outcome will be.
Thank you! Trizek (WMF) 15:29, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
Call for complementary facilitators and more to get the ASBS 2019 process started!
Hi everyone, hope all is fine with you!
The next weeks will be intense, as affiliates figure out their participation in the process that will soon select 2 people for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Since new Bylaws established that the user groups are for the first time going to be involved in such process, a lot more support than before is certainly going to be necessary, among other things, for big and healthy conversations on the topic. Hence, please encourage members of your group to become a complementary facilitator, or sign up yourself! You can add yourself to the list on Meta or reply to me to flag availability. One person from the facilitators group should soon be selected to liaise with the Foundation Board’s Chair, María Sefidari, on behalf of all affiliates, and it may be wise to also find a deputy for them.
Finally, if you can think of any huge obstacles that would prevent your group from participating to the process (for instance, a language barrier, or lack of good decision-making mechanisms, etc.), please reach out to me directly: it is really important that we hear about them as early as possible. Thank you! Elitre (WMF) 15:23, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
Update on the Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process
The Election Facilitators met on Friday, April 5. We finalized the resolution, which is now frozen. The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation will be asked to approve the resolution.
We have made two small changes to be more inclusive. We extended the date for compliance with AffCom reporting and being in good standing to May 7 to allow time for as many Affiliates as possible to be current with these requirements. The Election Facilitators adjusted the language in case a quorum is not met during the election.
On the talk page of the resolution one issue was raised. The issue looks like to be about a possible candidate. Affiliates will have ample time to discuss the merits of candidates during nomination time, screening time, and they can cast their votes on candidates. The Election Facilitators didn't see the necessity for this change, and left the resolution on this point unchanged.
The Election Facilitators will be Abhinav Srivastava, Lane Rasberry, Jeffrey Keefer, Ad Huikeshoven, Neal McBurnett and Alessandro Marchetti. We will welcome more volunteers to assist us in this process, to reach out to the diversity in language and gender in our communities, and do so in an advisory role.
The nomination period opens on April 15. We are going to prepare nomination pages on Meta. You can expect a call for nominations. There is a draft call, including a candidates' profile section with non-binding guidelines about experience and characteristics for nominees. You are welcome to add your insights, or discuss on the talk page.
Erica Litrenta (WMF staff) supports us in this process. She will reach out to all affiliates through mail and other channels to make sure we are up to date with (user)name and contact details of your primary contact.
On behalf of the Election Facilitators, Ad Huikeshoven 10:52, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Update about the Affiliate-selected Board seats process 2019
- The Resolution has been approved by the Board of Trustees;
- Nominations phase is now open, from April 15 00:00 UTC to April 30 23:59 UTC. See the Call for Candidates and Nominations pages;
- Community members may ask questions of the candidates;
- Your main representative has just received an email to confirm that they are indeed the primary contact and will perform official actions on behalf of your group (such as endorsing candidates and then voting). Some groups also need to verify their eligibility status in due time, as explained in the email;
- New content is available to spread awareness around the process - the infographic on this page has clickable links and can be translated, and a primer is available, that we hope will be particularly helpful to those new to such a process;
- Finally, you are welcome to help with translations! Pick one page from the ASBS category and, in the next couple of weeks, please consider translating profiles of the candidates in particular.
Thanks for your attention! The Facilitators for ASBS 2019, 07:33, 15 April 2019 (UTC)
Affiliate-selected Board seats 2019 process: your representative
Hello. The name of the only person who will vote on behalf of this group to select the next two Board members is now at m:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Eligible entities. Please contact me directly as soon as possible if you need any kind of corrections there. There's only a few hours left to endorse candidates, and only the official voter can do that. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you can make a difference with the necessary translations.
Appreciate your attention and your support so far! Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 12:15, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
Introducing Wikimedia Space: A platform for movement news and organizations
Hi Wikimedia Indonesia,
I’m writing to let you know that the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation is launching a new platform, Wikimedia Space. Here, you will find stories for and by contributors to the Wikimedia movement, and a space for discussions of different topics.
We know that finding information about Wikimedia activities and processes is very complicated, which makes the learning curve to enter our movement and be successful afterwards, really steep. By centralizing community stories and conversations in one shared space, we believe we are facilitating access and discoverability of topics across the movement, improving, in turn, connections among Wikimedians.
As an affiliated organization to the Wikimedia Foundation, we hope that you can share this platform with your local community, and we count on you to encourage them to add their voices. If you’d like to contribute stories, and overall, participate in the discussion section, please read our blogging guidelines and our code of conduct and join the conversation. Find more information about the project on its page on Meta.
Looking forward to seeing you at Wikimedia Space,
María Cruz, Communications and Outreach Manager, Wikimedia Foundation.
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:53, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
New features for Indonesian editors on mobile
Hello, My name is Chris. I work at the Wikimedia Foundation and help the team building the mobile website. I wanted to tell your group about new features available for editors using the mobile website. We want to share this with as many editors in the projects where this feature is now available. You can find more at the link below and please share with your fellow members and friends.
Hope all is fine with you
Hi there, I'm Erica from the Community Engagement department. These days, I am supporting the Language team on a project that would benefit the Javanese Wikipedia, I just heard about the recent earthquake there and figured some of you may actually be in that area. So I hope you're all safe. All the best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 18:02, 2 August 2019 (UTC)
- @Elitre (WMF): thank you, Erica. Luckily, we are all safe and sound. Most of the Javanese community members lived far away for the earthquake center. --Biyanto Rebin (WMID) (talk) 05:07, 9 August 2019 (UTC)
Re: Jawa Wikipedia
Hi again Biyanto Rebin (WMID)! I think I understand that WMID manages the social accounts for jv.wp, and I see them quite active :) If anyone in the community and/or in the chapter would still like to weigh in in the thread about Content Translation, the Language team is all ears. Warm regards! --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 11:10, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Ciao Elitre, we managed the JV social media before, but right now, it is managed by our community member as they grow up significantly. :) --Beeyan (talk) 03:13, 22 August 2019 (UTC)