- 1 ChapCom comments
- 2 Bahasa
- 3 Interwiki
- 4 Infobox
- 5 wmid:Digitalisasi Karya Jawa Cetak dari Koleksi Museum Tamansiswa Dewantara Kirti Griya, Yogyakarta
- 6 Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
- 7 De-Recognition of Affiliates with Long-standing Non-Compliance
- 8 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 9 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 10 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 11 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 12 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 13 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 14 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 15 Translating Ibero-America is back! Come and join us :)
- 16 Learning Quarterly: October 2017
I saw your are having a meeting on the 14th to discuss the ChapCom comments. I would like to help you getting forward. We had some serious concerns on your bylaws, but we only discussed these informally. I would like you to get into a dialogue with Austin our acting chair and get his opinion and advice on how you can get forward. We have also started an internal disussion on different types of geograhpicla support groups for Wikimedia, some with much looser orgstructure than demanded from a Lcoal Chapter. These internal disussionre are far from through, and perhaps nothing will come out of it, but I see thee alternatives could be an alternative, if we get stuck on the issue of memberdriven org (which formally is not a demand from ChapCom-but a very strong recommendation). Anders Wennersten 09:45, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Anders, I met Austin and Damien in Taipei, let me know the best way to communicate, all of (planned) Wikimedia Indonesia founders are online on gmail. If you would like to have discussion on a better platform, say skype or else. Let us know. We are carrying it forward as fast as we can. Personally for me, it's better to establish it as soon as possible - it's been on and on sice 2006. Serenity.id 04:53, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
Mengapa artikel Wikimedia Indonesia di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki tidak menggunakan Bahasa Indonesia? Wikimedia negara lainnya menggunakan bahasa ibunya. Mikhailov Kusserow (talk) 05:00, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Tidak ada alasan yang khusus, hanya saja, kita lebih cenderung untuk menggunakan bahasa Indonesia di situs web resmi Wikimedia Indonesia saja. :) ~REX (talk) 05:20, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi, you may be interested to know that an interwiki prefix for your website has been implemented (it's shorter, you don't need plainlinks class, it doesn't have nofollow attribute etc.). --Nemo 11:56, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
If you can make it better, please do so instead of reverting edit without explanation. Bennylin 15:10, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
wmid:Digitalisasi Karya Jawa Cetak dari Koleksi Museum Tamansiswa Dewantara Kirti Griya, Yogyakarta
Interesting activity, as always. I'm a bit confused by w:Category:Books in the Dewantara Kirti Griya Museum digitized in the Karja Project: unless the books are valuable for illustration purposes, the English Wikipedia is a rather useless location, while the English or Multilingual Wikisource would be appropriate (both also have s:Template:Pd/1923). If not on Wikisource, at least upload a copy of all books on the Internet Archive; I can help with that, hopefully s:en:Help:DjVu_files#The_Internet_Archive is clear enough. Nemo 07:13, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Inviting you to participate in the women editing contest "The women you have never met"
Dear Wikimedia Indonesia,
Hope this message finds you all well :) On behalf of Iberocoop network I want to invite you to be part of the women editing contest we are organizing along with many other chapters and user groups in the movement. You are doing an excellent work on your local context and we will be so pleased to have you on board. In this very early stage, we are asking the organizations to add their interest in the following meta page Hope to see you there soon! Hugs--Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 15:04, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
De-Recognition of Affiliates with Long-standing Non-Compliance
Recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate - a chapter, thematic organization, or user group - is a privilege that allows an independent group to officially use the Wikimedia name to further the Wikimedia mission. While most Wikimedia affiliates adhere to the basic compliance standards set forth in their agreements with the Wikimedia Foundation, a protocol has been developed to address the exceptional cases when a Wikimedia affiliate does not meet basic compliance standards and their continued recognition as a Wikimedia affiliate presents a risk to the Wikimedia movement.
In the past year, the Affiliations Committee - with support from Wikimedia Foundation staff - has made a concerted effort to address a handful of chapters with long-standing issues of non-compliance. As a result, in the coming days and months, a small number of chapters that have been unable to return to compliance through their efforts in the past year will not have their chapter agreements renewed. As a consequence, these organizations will no longer have the additional rights to use the Wikimedia trademarks, including the Wikimedia name, that had been granted under those agreements.
If you have questions about what this means for community members in the affected affiliates’ region or language areas, we have put together a basic FAQ. The FAQ talk page is available for additional questions and comments, and the Affiliations Committee is happy to answer questions directly.
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
05:00, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:35, 7 April 2017 (UTC) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
19:02, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
19:25, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
21:03, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Translating Ibero-America is back! Come and join us :)
Dear Wikimedia Indonesia ,
Hope this message finds you well!
Again this year 2017 the Iberocoop network is launching the editing contest "Translating Ibero-American" aiming to position the Ibero-american culture outside our borders :)
You can find the contest page here
We hope your community can join us!
Hugs--Anna Torres (WMAR) (talk) 20:02, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Learning Quarterly: October 2017
L&E Newsletter / Volume 4 / Issue 14 / October 2017
Leave your mark on Meta!
New AffCom corner, plus learning patterns you can contribute to.